OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's up with Nintendo, they're doing a horrible job with Wii, and now with the DS. I called Best Buy and they said they won't stock them til April. So I got this useless BB gift card now, thinkin I should probably buy something to pawn on ebay then get back on ebay and buy a lite there
wacko.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What's up with Nintendo, they're doing a horrible job with Wii, and now with the DS. I called Best Buy and they said they won't stock them til April. So I got this useless BB gift card now, thinkin I should probably buy something to pawn on ebay then get back on ebay and buy a lite thereÂ
wacko.gif

Why don't you sell the Gift Card locally for exact value? I usually do that whenever I get one.

There doesn't seem to be stock problem where I live.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have a zelda edition one coming in the mail, but what i really want is the crimson so i'll probably sell it. but yeah it's a pain to find one right now. at least the crimson one.

Pulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
walmart get stock like once a week/two weeks
just gotta ask them for the days when they restock, and then you also have to do your part of going in there and getting it!
thats how i got mine...2 weeks of searching

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it sucks. I was planning to upgrade from my Phat, but it seems like I won't get one within the next month I guess. I also have BB gift cards, not that BB was my first choice, but still. =p

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, they are sold out in UK as well. Wii are also sold out. Still. I really fancy a silver DS Lite after getting annoyed with the fingerprints on my black DS Lite.
tongue.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's up with Nintendo, they're doing a horrible job with Wii, and now with the DS. I called Best Buy and they said they won't stock them til April. So I got this useless BB gift card now, thinkin I should probably buy something to pawn on ebay then get back on ebay and buy a lite thereÂ
wacko.gif

this has been going on since last year !

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
walmart get stock like once a week/two weeks
just gotta ask them for the days when they restock, and then you also have to do your part of going in there and getting it!
thats how i got mine...2 weeks of searching

yeah, they were in stock online this morning, i was about to order when our internets at work went down. it was back up in about 10 minutes but by then it said out of stock
frown.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not Ninty's fault they can't keep up with demand.

The Wii and DS are selling like hotcakes. THAT is why everywhere is out of them.

Ninty is winning the console AND handheld war. (
toot.gif
for Nintendo) It even surprised them. They don't have the resources that Sony and MS have to mass produce systems, especially when they are selling faster than they can make them. So you MUST forgive them for the shortages.

It's just too bad that a side-effect of popularity equals too many shovelware games.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There are plenty of DSLs in my local store. Maybe the price tag of $240 has something to do with it
nyanya.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have a zelda edition one coming in the mail, but what i really want is the crimson so i'll probably sell it. but yeah it's a pain to find one right now. at least the crimson one.

you must be mad, you do realise that the crimson screens are much more darker than the normal DS lites? they have a orange tint on both screens.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
There are plenty of DSLs in my local store. Maybe the price tag of $240 has something to do with itÂ
nyanya.gif
Well, that's still only 12 € over the official European price (150 €). Still, even this price is ridiculous. I imported mine (and in crimson, too!) from China, where it cost me 80€ with shipping. Sure, I lose the warranty, but even if it breaks down, I can get another one for almost no loss at all ... I want to have prices from the States! :'(

P.S.: That being said, there are heaps of Lites in every local store too. Most of them are the ugly silver ones, but still ...

xmortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my DSLite a couple weeks ago just after the holidays. I searched up and down two states in my area (Noreastern US). I tracked down a single store in a nearby state which had 4 DSLites in stock. All other stores checked were out of stock. By the time I got up to the store, they were down to 2 DSLites. I grabbed mine. Within 15 minutes, I saw 3-4 people wandering around asking where the DSLites were.

Someone peeked into my basked and said 'Hey look, he got one!'.. I felt like running out of the store.

They originally had a single crimson which I wanted, and three blacks. I ended up with a black. From what I hear now though, maybe its a good thing I missed the crimson. Do most crimsons suffer from the dreaded orange display? My black unit has a perfectly clear display. I was surprised at how great it looked.

I opened the box in the car and stuck on the two display protectors immediately. Of course I had to poke around with it
smile.gif
Too bad the protector included in the 'enlight' case I bought seems to suck. I may need to track down a better quality protector. Now the trouble. Getting that darn screen protector film OFF the screen. Any tips?

-X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16