Gaming Nintendo DS Lite problem

BlackRekuzza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hello, everybody! I've created this thread, because my friend needs help. i'm sorry, if the description of the problem will be messy.
As I understood, he can;t play any DS games, because the device simply doesn't recognise them. Same thing with R4. But everything OK with gba games. Any solutions? Thank you in advance=)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Allow me to tell you about a handy trick I used when my DS cart reading became spotty. I sucked air into my mouth until my mouth was bone dry, then I sucked in a few more big breaths and blew straight into the cart slot. After that it worked perfectly once more and hasn't stopped working since. Don't do the paper trick, as this isn't that kind of issue. Odds are there is just dust in the cart slot that needs to be blown out.

Voltshock R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you know, a photo rocket blower? I recommend Ghotto. Moisture can help with the rust. Also the rocket is good enough for blowing things in general (no dirty joke intended).

Aidan25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Give the cartridge/s a bit of a wipe with a piece of cloth similar to what you'd use to clean the lens of your glasses. Try not to be firm but make sure to give it a good scrub as well as taking into the air blowing suggestions above.

Voltshock R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the device is the issue and you have soldering experience :
If the contacts on game : 91- 99 rubbing/isopropryl alcohol with anti-static wipes and the blunt side of a needle (aka the back where the hole is- would have to be extremely gentle pushing the needle between the pin separators) or anything thin (toothprick, but sharp edge can scratch)
If replacing the case : (site not accessable anymore, it seems- have called on UMD cases though, so legit)
Make sure to try clean connectors in system with something prior to attempt on soldering. There are official cleaning DS kits in Japan. Search online.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs