Nintendo DS Lite - need help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Heylerds, Aug 1, 2008.

Aug 1, 2008
  1. Heylerds
    OP

Newcomer Heylerds Newbie

United States
    Hi guys,

Need help with my daughters Nintendo DS Lite please.

It had a loaded Acekard 2 with 2gb micro SD card, about 40 games.

FAT Error started showing up on the screen when she turns ON the DS.

I've tried running the fix for the micro SD but because I'm a computer genius I re-formatted the card and everything was gone.

Can someone help me out with the step-by-step re-loading of the software, moonshell something or whatever you call it so that we can load the games again on the SD card from our disc copies?

I inserted the Acekard2 onto the DS without the microSD card, I forgot to put it in - I'm a genius, and it showed FAT error still. So is the acekard2 dead and need replacing?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Gil

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There have been some bad Acekard 2's recently that have shown FAT errors. It's possible that your microSD card was just corrupt though. You'll want to reformat it, then re-install the latest firmware (download it from this site or from www.acekard.com). The firmware consists of a file named "akmenu4.nds" and a folder named "__ak2" (which contains lots of other files and folders). Just drag and drop the file and folder onto your microSD card. Then make a folder named "games" and drop a few .nds files in it. Always use the "safely remove hardware" option in Windows to remove the microSD from your PC to avoid corrupting the microSD card. Oh, and make sure you leave some free space on the microSD card for save files and other system files that get written.

If after all that you still get the FAT error, you'll want to contact the store you bought the AK2 from and exchange it for a new one. The newest batches of AK2's have been OK (the problems were in previous batches) so as long as the store you bought it from does fairly good business they have probably sold out of the bad inventory. If it's a reputable store, they should be aware of the high return rates in the bad batches and shouldn't give you any trouble about exchanging your cart for a new one.

-Bri

3. Heylerds
    OP

Newcomer Heylerds Newbie

United States
    Thanks, I'll try that.

4. Heylerds
    OP

Newcomer Heylerds Newbie

United States
    Bri,

Can you help me out again please, this is the acekard dhome download page, which should I d/l? I tried looking but I stumped. Please help me. Thanks.

http://www.acekard.com/download.php

Or to anybody who could point which one I should d/l.

Thanks all.