Nintendo DS Games Expected 17th to 21st September

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Sep 14, 2007.

Sep 14, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Only just remembered to post this.

17th September

Animates

Region: US Genre: Pet sim-me-do
    Developer: Navarre Publisher: DreamCatcher Interactive

Raise your very own Animate from a small baby hatchling to a full-grown, mature Animate. Make sure that your new friend is both healthy and happy by playing with it, feeding it, training it and more. If you’re up for a challenge, raise multiple Animates all at once… Only you know what’s best for your new friend and if you don’t, make sure that you pay close attention to the signs that it gives you!

[​IMG]
    Thanks to Shelleeson for sending me the link to the pics.

Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

Region: US Genre: Race-me-do
    Developer: Juice Games Publisher: THQ
    Multi player: Multi-card only, no WFC

Yet another street racing game, but the DS isn't full of racing titles so we'll take what we can! Juice up your ride with complete customization and boost your NOS power as you draft, drift, slide, spook and fight for your rightful place on the racing line. Fast-paced, adrenaline-fuelled, pick-up-and-play action lets you enjoy the pure rush of powersliding your way around the globe. Wow the crowd, keep tabs on your opponents and take the crown as the rightful king of drift! Will this be better than Apshalt GT 1 & 2?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7 Wonders of the Ancient World

Region: North America Genre: Action/Adventure-me-do.
    Developer: Hot Lava Publisher: Mumbo Jumbo
    Previous Titles: 7 Wonders Series PC

Conversion of the pretty good PC game.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18th September

LifeSigns: Hospital Affairs

Region: Australia Genre: Hospital-me-do
    Developer: Spike Publisher: JoWood Productions
    Reviewers Scores Famitsu (7,8,7,9)

An English release of the Tendo Doctor, Kenshuui Tendou Dokuta series which debuted way back in 2004. As a Doctor you will be continuously confronted with medical emergencies and personnel issues that require your immediate attention. Communicate and interact with patients, nurses and other doctors in this dramatic medical simulation game where you are the Doctor on call! Lets see if this makes the release date [​IMG] The US version is called Surgical Unit...for some reason. Being an Aussie release don't expect a ROM soon IF it makes the release.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Digimon World: Dusk/Dawn

Region: US Genre: RPG-me-do
    Developer: BEC Publisher: Namco Bandai
    Reviewers Scores: Famitsu 7,7,7,7
    Multi player: YES! Online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Multi-card Multiplayer.

Digimon returns to the DS with two games. This time with WFC connection and multicard multiplayer. Unlike the previous DS version, Digimon World: Dusk dumps you right into the Digiworld and your digilife, complete with a preselected group of Digimon. You get to pick from one of five sets of three when you start the game, each with its own focus. There's a defensive team, an attack team, and even a prettiness team

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

MySims

Region: US Genre: Life-me-do
    Developer: EA Publisher: EA
    Multi player: Nothing has been said

We already have Animal Crossing so this better be amazing or theres no point to it! Theres no sign of Wi-fi either which is stupid with a title like this on the DS. Also theres no Wii interaction either! A lot of previews says the game is a bit "meh" but the mini games are quite fun.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Namco Museum

Region: US Genre: Arcade-me-do
    Developer: Namco Bandai Publisher: Namco Bandai
    Multi player: Multi-card Multiplayer, Single-card Multiplayer

Yet another Namco compilation with the same games as always...yawn. Well this time they have added a wi-fi Pac-man VS mode so might be worth a download perhaps. Other games included are Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug 2, The Tower of Druaga, and Mappy. Theres no arrange play either unlike PSP additions so you are basically getting the exact versions of the games. I wish Capcom would do a arcade compilation for DS.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nancy Drew and The Deadly Secret of Olde World Park

Region: US Genre: Adventure-me-do
    Developer: Gorilla Publisher: Majesco
    Multi player: Don't be silly!

So another cash in but could be alright (well it could be a lot worse), players must collect clues, decipher puzzles, follow suspects, sneak into areas and much more as they use their deductive reasoning skills to progress through 15 increasingly difficult chapters. Touch Screen play is incorporated into unique conversation and unlocking mini-games, but players will also use the stylus in Nancy's Clue Journal to access maps, inventory and tasks.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Super Collapse 3

Region: US Genre: Puzzle-me-do
    Developer: MacPlay Publisher: MumboJumbo
    Multi player: Nothing said.

Another PC puzzle game makes it onto the DS.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out are Master Jin Jin's I.Q. Challenge which is a brain game, Backyard Basketball which is probably a GBA port and Sonic Rush Adventure the US release.

20th September

Deltora Quest: 7-tsu no Houseki

Region: Japan Genre: RPG-me-do
    Developer: Namco Bandai Games Publisher: Namco Bandai

Well ain't this a pretty little game! Based on a series of Australian books , Manga and recently anime series, you play as three characters, whom you're free to switch between at any time. The game's storyline begins when 7 precious gems are stolen, bringing the world under the control of a shadow king. The three characters, Lief, Jasmine and Barda head off to the 7 towers where the gems are apparently being hidden. You use the stylus to move your character around and can perform dash and tackle moves. To attack enemies, you simply point to the enemy, and your character automatically moves in to attack using a variety of moves. Your attacks include combos and special moves, all character dependent. Not just a simple cash in either as they've got some big names behind this artwork is by Yocky, and scenario work is by Kazushige Nojima. Sound is done by Hitoshi Sakimoto who is quite famous for his work on FFXII.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Elemental Monster

Region: Japan Genre: Card Battle-me-do
    Developer: Factor 5 Publisher: Hudson Soft
    multi-player: Wi-Fi & Multi-card

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hitman Reborn ! DS : Flame Rumble

Region: Japan Genre: Fight-me-do
    Developer: Takara Tomy Publisher: Takara Tomy
    multi-player: Multi-card

Christ is this like the 3rd game in the series this year? The last one was crap and was only out like a few months ago...sigh!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kyouryuu Ikusei Battle RPG: Kyouryuu Monster

Region: Japan Genre: Dino-me-do
    Developer: MTO Publisher: MTO

Some kind of Dinosaur game.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sankei Sports Kanshuu: Keiba Ryoku Nintei Shiken: Baken DS

Region: Japan Genre: Horsey-me-do
    Developer: Dimple Entertainment Publisher: Dimple Entertainment

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Uwasa no Midori-Kun!! Natsuiro Striker

Region: Japan Genre: Mini game-me-do
    Developer: Idea Factory Publisher: Idea Factory

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Simple DS Series Vol. 22: Age Age THE Zero-yon Shinsha

Region: Japan Genre: Drag Race-me-do
    Developer: D3 Publisher: D3

Drag racer! Don't have those on the DS do we? May be a port of the PSX game D3 also did. This game also includes a car washing mini game and also theres are also scratchable lottery tickets and Simple-series-themed slot machines.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

21st September

Touch Game Party

Region: Europe Genre: Various-me-do
    Developer: 505 Game Street Publisher: Tatio
    Multi-player: Multi-card

From Taito, Touch Game Party includes seven simple games, including Reversi and card games. The use of the stylus means a simple control setup for playing these staple titles. The screens and video are of the Japanese version, can't seem to find English ones.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Prism: Light The Way

Region: Europe Genre: Various-me-do
    Developer: Gamesauce / Morpheme Publisher: Eidos
    Multi-player: Not Known
    Reviewers scores: 8.5 Nintendo Power

Puzzle game, the PC version was pretty good so I'm looking forward to this. IGN says this is actually out on the 14t but most other places say 21st.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out on his day in Europe are Wars DS (aka Glory Days 2), Kameleon, Paws & Claws Best Friends, Drawn to Life, Tank Battles (aka Tank Beat) Cake Mania & New York Times Crossword.

Ok some that could be worth playing, but to be honest I've got a backlog to go though...thats if my baby doesn't make an appearance! As usual games can be delayed so don't bitch about it to me. Also don't bitch about a game not being dumped, it'll be dumped when some kind group dumps AND NO SOONER. I will update this again when dates do change if I have the time to.

This thread is dedicated to lagman, who rules. [​IMG]

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty exotic week, that's good.
    A different title for the thread..to avoid n00bs complaining, I suppose [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Actually it was just to make it look different in the "latest discussion" box, what with last weeks threads still getting posts.

4. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Woo! Digimon!
    Holy shit, Pacman VS on Wifi? I might get that just to try that, I always wanted to...

5. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow some nice games this week, thx for the update!

6. 4ppleseed

Member 4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Puzzle games and Namco for me please. Thanks.

7. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Great!, any news on the "Evelyn" release?!

As always, kudos for the hard job.

8. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    MySims and perhaps Lifesigns, but I doubt that'll come out this week. Just like last week, and the week before that, and the week before that...

9. Hit

Member Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Nancy Drew and The Deadly Secret of Olde World Park
    Looks cool

MySims
    Hope its like AC:WW

Elemental Monster
    Nice art

LifeSigns
    From the creators of Hentain P0rn?

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    The midwife is coming over tomorrow, erm shes gonna massage the cervix (which is right next to the uterus kiddies, I sure the midwife brings some kind of latex glove) and hopefully a few hours later my lady's water will break (its ok we have laminate flooring) and she should go into labour.

11. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    A dinosaur... battle... rpg?

Holy fuck.

12. pkprostudio

Member pkprostudio No

United States
    Deltora Quest was one of the best series I've ever read. To bad only Japanese get all the stuffs. [​IMG]

13. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I reckon we'll see it in English next year, Namco Bandai do tend to release most of their stuff outside of Japan plus its fairly popular outside of Japan too.

14. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    ooh, now I'm interested on Animates, looks interesting.

I'm an images person

15. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Another "Gabriel Knight-esque" adventure game? Woot!

16. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Ok, basic sum-up of the tons of games we should expect to see dumped this week.

Very interested - Lifesigns, definately. I want to see if this game can beat Trauma Center, which I didn't play much.
    MySims - No WiFi known activities, but seems a nice and interesting games that captivates my style.

Interested - Juiced 2 - Racing games suck on DS, but shall this prove the contrary?

More or less - Digimon - Never was a fan. Played World DS, didn't like it, Pokemon is much better. But with WiFi and multiplayer, this may make a good game.

Namco - Ah, yes, Pacman. A great classic, but not much to see after that, I guess, apart from WiFi.

Not interested - Animates - Most likely boring pet simulator IMO, we've had tons of crappy ones, some meh.

Nancy Drew - Sucks to the last infinite detail.

Definitely not interested/Don't understand Japanese - All JPN region games released this week, and some other games like Touch Party which is basically a rip-off of CHG.

17. CannonBallZ

Member CannonBallZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gabriel knight-esque ? Nancy Drew ? [​IMG]
    Looks pretty similar to Undercover Dual motives 'engine'

18. silentreapr

Member silentreapr GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Bah, Juiced has no WFC. Needs a good 'proper' car racing game that has WFC :/

19. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Racing - analogue stick = meh.

20. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    DS sports and racing games really haven't done that well overall, unfortunately. In reviews or sales. Compared to PSP and even any of the Game Boy line. Aside from Mario Kart, which is more fantasy oriented than a simulation of actual auto racing.

Mario Golf for GBC was neat. [​IMG] And I've heard Burnout on DS is much worse than the first PSP one that I own.