Hacking Nintendo DS from Dubai

TeraS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My dad is coming back today, and he is bringing a DS Lite for me. He told me over the phone that the power supply was 2-pin like the one in Japan.

Would i need to change power supply? What power supply would i need? Would i need to change the battery??

I live in London UK

pOp!

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You don't need to change the battery.
All you need is 220v DS LITE or GB MICRO charger (you guys use 220v/230v right?) or get an step-up transformer (step-up from 110v to 220v right?).

EDIT: Nope it's step down lol sorry. step down from 220v to use the 110v charger the Japanese DS lite has...
Lik-Sang has this btw... http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=9039

We also use 220v here in the Philippines and I'm using the 110v charger (from my JPN DS lite) on a step-down transformer and also the 220v GB Micro charger (Asian Version) on JPN DS lites.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need a step down converter or a new battery, all you need is a new power supply; you can buy one on ebay / play-asia / lik-sang for around £5 shipped. As for type, just make sure it's a UK power supply and it's for the DS lite lol.

smile.gif

TeraS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so itll be good for me if i get a new powersupply,

Would there be a difference of the version because im getting the black one

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Products in the Middle East are usually 220 Volts, with the two pins like Japan. I know this from many years of blowing out electrical appliances with wrong voltages (I live in Saudi Arabia). However, I don't know if there is any different adapter released for the Middle East...just saying that you might want to check the voltage on it first. If it is 110 Volts, there are two things that can be done:-

1.> Buy a step-up transformer as the above post says. Just plug the adapter into the transformer, and the transformer into the wall. A transformer should cost fairly cheap and should be easily availabe at any electrical store. This has the advantage that it could be used for any 110V product.

2.> Just buy the official Nintendo DS Lite adapter for UK. Probably a little more expensive, since it is official, but then you can use it just the way it is meant to be.

Hope that helps.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since we dont have an official dealer in the Middle Mast,Nintendo products are imported from everyware.In the markets here,you can find Japanese,American and European DS versions.In Japanese and American versions the voltage is 110V and the European version's voltage is 220V.You must make sure what DS version you are getting or you can buy an adapter online or from any Nintendo dealer in you country.(I don't advise buying from the UAE sicne you will probably not get the waranty)

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. I recommended not to buy different powersupply for your Nintendo DS it could damage your NDS battery supply

2. Go to argos and buy a plug converter.

3. If you have a jap Nintendo DS with 2 pin powersupply not the U.S pin, you could still can plug it in uk - from little simple plug trick* (no it not damage your home plug or black out)

*not recommended for young ages

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1. I recommended not to buy different powersupply for your Nintendo DS it could damage your NDS battery supply

2. Go to argos and buy a plug converter.

3. If you have a jap Nintendo DS with 2 pin powersupply not the U.S pin, you could still can plug it in uk - from little simple plug trick* (no it not damage your home plug or black out)

*not recommended for young ages

A plug converter would not HELP with the VOLTAGE issue. Thus, buying just a plug converter WILL DAMAGE your NDS.

Unless of course, he can confirm that he will be getting a 220v charger with his NDS lite.

TeraS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
when my dad comes back, i will inform u guyz wht voltage it is. Where would i find this information?

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A plug converter would not HELP with the VOLTAGE issue. Thus, buying just a plug converter WILL DAMAGE your NDS.

oop!
tongue.gif
i totally forgot the plug converter it only for European style for UK and HK
and yes you do need "power converter" if you have a Japanese or USA style

If you going to buy another adapter I recommended NOT to buy other brand power adapter for nds it could damage your console battery life or even cause fire went it charging.
lecture.gif

thank for the waring Orc
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol