Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite mic stopped working and for kicks and I went to the Nintendo Support site to see if they could fix it. Even tho I bought a LONG time ago like 3 or 4 years, the DS Lite is under warranty. It was originally a White DS Lite but is modded with a cobalt blue case. Any predictions from other tempers who have done similar things? I've also used an Acekard 2.1 on this DS Lite, will that cause any problems since its a hardware problem and would Nintendo won't bother to check on recent games ran?

~ Jon

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo cannot tell if you have been using a flash cart

However if you have opened the case I doubt it will be under warranty, best idea is to buy a new microphone and fit it yourself.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i dunno if there's a place around you that supplies parts or offers repair services. It'll be a hassle, but you'll probably have to send it to Nintendo as long as it's still under warranty (which i'm assuming isn't the case anymore--you opened the unit, which i think is reason enough to void it, despite not tampering with the innards). there are some online sites which offer services. i'm lucky in that in my part of the world, we have an online site based locally that offers repairs and are well stocked with parts, even for the almost-phased out DS Phat (which is the one i'm using; pretty worn-out, but i'm planning on having it overhauled--case mod, touchscreen, and battery replacement).

tongue.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The very fact its been opened voids your warranty, even if you have the original serial number for the warranty it will show a white DS where yours is blue and does not have the same serial number (as it will have a generic one on the case) and they will charge you for the repair. That said the fact that you modded it proves you can easily change the mic (you removed its cable to change the case anyway) so go to dealextreme.com and order a microphone for it.

Also @Ferofax DSPHAT FIVE!! I need to replace the touchscreen on mine as well, its fair scratched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either