Nintendo Dream: There Will Be a Kingdom Hearts III

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A portion of a Nintendo Dream magazine interview with Kingdom Hearts devs, Hasegawa-san and Nomura-san…

QUOTE said:
ND: Hasegawa-san, Nomura-san, you created the series together. Is there ever the feeling that there won’t be a next installment?

Hasegawa: There surely will be. I really can’t think of any reason why not, if everyone&’s heated support continues. When it is said ‘Nomura will do III,’ I can’t say we haven’t thought of anything.

Now tell us what platforms it will be on, we've been waiting so long!

News Source: GoNintendo

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't going to be a III, considering how Square tends to milk every one of their franchises. I'm not really that hyped though, since I tend to find the KH games boring after awhile.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
i wish on wii i played only KH2 and love it i hope square enix will release on wii
smile.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, pretty obvious that the game is coming. About the platform, considering that Kingdom Hearts is targeted to younger people than Final Fantasy and other RPGs, the Wii would be a good choice, but I don't know if SE would do that, I think there's a better chance of it going to the DS than the Wii, userbase is bigger, and handheld gaming is huge in Japan right now. Only thing I can be sure is that it won't be a PS3 exclusive, if it comes to the PS3, a 360 version will be out as well.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
w00t i love Kingdom Hearts along with Golden Sun are my favorite game series of all time shame KHIII will more than likely only be on PS3
frown.gif
i dont have one

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
I wood hate KH3 on Wii. Dumbed down gfx and controls, the only system it should be on is the PS3
The Wii is a lot more powerful than PS2, so that logic is screwy. Only if it was a port from PS3 would it be dumbed down. Even if it were for the Wii, the game would look MUCH better than it did on PS2.

I actually doubt Square Enix would make it for PS3. It's pretty expensive and the PS3 fanbase is pretty shaky. And then, the KH franchise is partially catered towards the young as well as adults.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingfield said:
gokujr1000 said:
You'd probably find if they released 3 on the PS3 it wouldn't have allot of sales.
Bullshit.

The biggest fanbase of KH is with Sony.
Wrong. The biggest fanbase of KH is with KH. There are now two games on Nintendo consoles, both of which will likely have enormous sales and praise. The bigger fanbase is with the PS2, not ALL Sony products. It would actually be wiser to release KH3 on PS2 than PS3 and maybe even possible that they would do so. PS2 is still alive and kicking. It was one of the chosen platforms for the next Jak and Daxter game (along with PSP).

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
correct, it would better on the ps2 unless they wanted to add a new dimension gamplay wise (wii FTW)

the biggest fanbase is with sony my ass

just about everyone played it on the ps2 but do you really think all the people who had a ps2 have a ps3 now

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, keep in mind that Square Enix and Nintendo's relationship was really rocky for a while (including when they started the KH franchise).

Gaming is a business and the PS3 is not selling. It would be an awful move (from a business stand point) to make KH3 (a popular, beloved franchise for old and young) exclusive to the PS3 (with the smallest install base of all current gen machines). It's painfully obvious it's going to be either a Wii exclusive or a PS3/360 game. All of you ignorant fanboys who can't see the writing on the wall really need to open your eyes and face the facts.

EDIT: And the ignorant comments about how KH MUST be on the PS3 are so full of holes I don't know where to begin. Let's just leave it at the fact that KH started on the PS2 which was the least powerful console of the gen. The Wii is FAR more powerful than the PS2, therefore KH3 could easily be on ANY current gen console.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ That's right, it could be on any. I just feel like playing it on the PS3 would be more enjoyable, especially with the controllers being basically thesame as those used for the previous games and all.
I just can't see myself playing this with nunchuck and wiimote, especially if they plan to make you actually swing and shit, i really can't get into that.

I don't even own a PS3, but if KH3 were to become a PS3 only game (or Xbox aswell) then i'd buy a PS3, and if sony and SE were to cut a deal then that'd be a pretty smart one on Sony's part as i am an example of the fact that it'd work.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
Beware said:
Also, keep in mind that Square Enix and Nintendo's relationship was really rocky for a while (including when they started the KH franchise).

Gaming is a business and the PS3 is not selling. It would be an awful move (from a business stand point) to make KH3 (a popular, beloved franchise for old and young) exclusive to the PS3 (with the smallest install base of all current gen machines). It's painfully obvious it's going to be either a Wii exclusive or a PS3/360 game. All of you ignorant fanboys who can't see the writing on the wall really need to open your eyes and face the facts.

EDIT: And the ignorant comments about how KH MUST be on the PS3 are so full of holes I don't know where to begin. Let's just leave it at the fact that KH started on the PS2 which was the least powerful console of the gen. The Wii is FAR more powerful than the PS2, therefore KH3 could easily be on ANY current gen console.
well i would love it to be on every system, or any system but ps3 (Simply because i dont have it) but if it does get made, i keep thinking its going to be on a sony system, mainly because thats where all the final fantasy + kh games have been, or atleast a vast majority of them.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were KH games on both gba and now ds. That's 2 out of 5 (not including phone games). And FF 1-6 were on Nintendo consoles. The sony myth is bogus. And now, SE is making 2 main Dragon Quest games on nintendo systems. DQ 9 and 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: