Nintendo Dream: There Will Be a Kingdom Hearts III

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    A portion of a Nintendo Dream magazine interview with Kingdom Hearts devs, Hasegawa-san and Nomura-san…

Now tell us what platforms it will be on, we've been waiting so long!

News Source: GoNintendo

2. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't going to be a III, considering how Square tends to milk every one of their franchises. I'm not really that hyped though, since I tend to find the KH games boring after awhile.

3. webyugioh

Member webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Well I would be happy about there being a three,
    but I'm still trying to find time to complete the first one...

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Well of course there's gonna be a KH3. I don't think anyone questioned that.

5. manaphy4ever

Member manaphy4ever GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bahrain
    i wish on wii i played only KH2 and love it i hope square enix will release on wii [​IMG]

6. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Yeah, pretty obvious that the game is coming. About the platform, considering that Kingdom Hearts is targeted to younger people than Final Fantasy and other RPGs, the Wii would be a good choice, but I don't know if SE would do that, I think there's a better chance of it going to the DS than the Wii, userbase is bigger, and handheld gaming is huge in Japan right now. Only thing I can be sure is that it won't be a PS3 exclusive, if it comes to the PS3, a 360 version will be out as well.

7. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I wood hate KH3 on Wii. Dumbed down gfx and controls, the only system it should be on is the PS3

8. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    w00t i love Kingdom Hearts along with Golden Sun are my favorite game series of all time shame KHIII will more than likely only be on PS3 [​IMG] i dont have one

9. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The Wii is a lot more powerful than PS2, so that logic is screwy. Only if it was a port from PS3 would it be dumbed down. Even if it were for the Wii, the game would look MUCH better than it did on PS2.

I actually doubt Square Enix would make it for PS3. It's pretty expensive and the PS3 fanbase is pretty shaky. And then, the KH franchise is partially catered towards the young as well as adults.

10. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    You'd probably find if they released 3 on the PS3 it wouldn't have allot of sales.

11. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Bullshit.

The biggest fanbase of KH is with Sony.

12. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    the issue at hand isn't the kh fanbase, but the amount of ps3 owners vs wii owners.

how bout the 360 instead [​IMG]

13. granville

United States
    Wrong. The biggest fanbase of KH is with KH. There are now two games on Nintendo consoles, both of which will likely have enormous sales and praise. The bigger fanbase is with the PS2, not ALL Sony products. It would actually be wiser to release KH3 on PS2 than PS3 and maybe even possible that they would do so. PS2 is still alive and kicking. It was one of the chosen platforms for the next Jak and Daxter game (along with PSP).

14. dobz

Member dobz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    correct, it would better on the ps2 unless they wanted to add a new dimension gamplay wise (wii FTW)

the biggest fanbase is with sony my ass

just about everyone played it on the ps2 but do you really think all the people who had a ps2 have a ps3 now

15. Mei-o

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kid™

Japan
    There will be a III as there will be future releases only related by themes and gameplay. *cough*

16. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Lol if the biggest fan base was with Sony, they wouldn't have ported FFXIII to the 360 in the first place. I can see this on the Wii because KH is more of a casual game with Disney characters and all.

17. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Also, keep in mind that Square Enix and Nintendo's relationship was really rocky for a while (including when they started the KH franchise).

Gaming is a business and the PS3 is not selling. It would be an awful move (from a business stand point) to make KH3 (a popular, beloved franchise for old and young) exclusive to the PS3 (with the smallest install base of all current gen machines). It's painfully obvious it's going to be either a Wii exclusive or a PS3/360 game. All of you ignorant fanboys who can't see the writing on the wall really need to open your eyes and face the facts.

EDIT: And the ignorant comments about how KH MUST be on the PS3 are so full of holes I don't know where to begin. Let's just leave it at the fact that KH started on the PS2 which was the least powerful console of the gen. The Wii is FAR more powerful than the PS2, therefore KH3 could easily be on ANY current gen console.

18. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    ^ That's right, it could be on any. I just feel like playing it on the PS3 would be more enjoyable, especially with the controllers being basically thesame as those used for the previous games and all.
    I just can't see myself playing this with nunchuck and wiimote, especially if they plan to make you actually swing and shit, i really can't get into that.

I don't even own a PS3, but if KH3 were to become a PS3 only game (or Xbox aswell) then i'd buy a PS3, and if sony and SE were to cut a deal then that'd be a pretty smart one on Sony's part as i am an example of the fact that it'd work.

19. Balrogs.Pain

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well i would love it to be on every system, or any system but ps3 (Simply because i dont have it) but if it does get made, i keep thinking its going to be on a sony system, mainly because thats where all the final fantasy + kh games have been, or atleast a vast majority of them.

20. granville

United States
    There were KH games on both gba and now ds. That's 2 out of 5 (not including phone games). And FF 1-6 were on Nintendo consoles. The sony myth is bogus. And now, SE is making 2 main Dragon Quest games on nintendo systems. DQ 9 and 10.