Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
3dsicon.png
Nintendo disappoints fans: 3DS was an April Fool
That explains a lot
Ever wondered why Nintendo revealed its new console, the 3DS, a week before April 1st? Well it turns out it wasn't just a coincidence. In a press release issued this morning, 8am (UTC+9:00), Nintendo officially announced that the 3DS was an April Fool's prank.

aprilfools.png
"We have no intentions of jumping into the market of 3D gaming. In fact, we have no plans to release another handheld video game console for another couple of years. The Nintendo DS has sold over 125 million units worldwide as of 2010. We apologize to our fans [...]", said Reggie Fils-Aime, current President and CEO of Nintendo of America.

Well, what a disappointment. We're going to have to remove our newly created Nintendo 3DS forum which has been on fire lately. Bad, bad Nintendo!

icon11.gif
 Press release: http://www.nintendo.com/press/2010-04-01-3DS-April-Fool/
discuss.png
 Discuss

UPDATE: we apologize to everyone for this lame reverse-april fool! The 3DS is real and we wish Nintendo a massive success with it. We love you, Reggie.

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LMAO figures they would do that to us, meh i was kinda bummed i would have an out-dated console. I can wait longer, the DS is still good for me =)

redx113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Believable to anyone except those who watch/read the news. Weeks ago there was an offical AP story. Nice try though lol.

D

Deleted User

I actually believed this after I saw a link for the source!

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
you guys are aweful at april fools jokes. Too many things gave you away, even on your own site. Hovering over the source link shows that it goes to a TXT file on this web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.