Nintendo Direct Sept 4 Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch Port & Super Kirby Clash

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 4, 2019.

1. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I don't remember much at all from when it released 9 years ago, but when I played through Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I thought that the first one had a MUCH better story and less backtracking. I think the only parts where XBC2 beats it is in leveling mechanics and some gameplay QoL things. Might just be nostalgia factor though. Also, I was able to 100% XBC1, and I didn't even want to bother with XBC2 because it was just TOO BIG and had way too many really garbage mechanics like the blade gatcha and having to do the same thing another 200 times every time you got a new blade to make them usable. Plus, none of the characters were likable at all. I also played through the Torna the Golden Country DLC for XBC2, and they added more QoL things on top of the base game, and it is more streamlined, but it still has a ton of backtracking. You are basically forced to 100% the game up to the last chapter by doing fetch quests and other crap for the community level. It was pretty lame. I don't recall if XBC1 did any of this crap, but even if they did, I enjoyed it enough to 100% back in 2010.

Last edited by GameSystem, Sep 5, 2019
    chartube12 likes this.
  2. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Uuuuh
    Xenoblade 1 literally didn't have an artstyle because 0 character designers worked on the game. It was all programmers

Pipistrele likes this.
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    [​IMG]

I didn't see anything outstanding in this direct, to be honest... No Metroid.

Xenoblade 1 was great, way better than 2 IMHO... but I already played it three times, not sure if I am getting this.
    PS: Long life Melia, best overpowered character, and I really enjoy the fighting style.

Tokyo Mirage... I still have the collectors edition for the Wii U halfway through, I will complete it in there, some day.
    Overwatch, meh.
    Luigi's Mansion 3... looks like fun, but not outstanding.
    Trials of Mana... Last time I played Seiken Densetsu 3 was perhaps around 20 years ago, I am probably getting this one for nostalgia value.
    Everything else, I already knew or it looks uninteresting... Perhaps I will play that black and white boat game, but it looks like a fun game with 2 hours of gameplay.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Sep 5, 2019
    banjo2 likes this.
  4. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    I can't believe they made Sakurai into a human

Also this was an outstanding Direct for me, even though the only things I'm excited for are Tetris 99, SNES, and the Smash content. I dunno why.

I'll still hope™ for Metroid next time

navimor likes this.
  5. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Xenoblade! Wooo!

I wasn't expecting Tokyo Mirage Sessions to get a port though. No complaints from me. Just hope they got rid of the pointless censorship.

chartube12 likes this.
  6. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    God dam Nintendo I need my Xenoblade Mecha x game

7. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Id update and mention that the game is Jedi Outcast

MicmasH_W likes this.
  8. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Undertale is now the first American-originated IP to have any playable representation in Smash Brothers ever, and Toby Fox is the second westerner person to have ever worked as a composer for the series. All this from one game made mostly by a single guy four years ago.

Crazy how this is. Undertale must be pretty big in Japan as well for such an achievement to be made.

EDIT: Just so I can put this somewhere: I totally believe Doomguy is the fifth DLC challenger.

Last edited by YukidaruPunch, Sep 5, 2019
    VMM, MagnesG and navimor like this.
  9. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    I really, really want Quote from Cave Story in Smash Bros. It would be a huge Longshot, but it would be the first Indie Character in Smash Proper

10. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Jedi Knight honestly came out of left fucking field! I dig the game, but I wouldn't say it's all that relevant these days with the gaming crowd.

Hopefully it gets some love and maybe we can get a sequel..?

DarthDub likes this.
  11. jqrn

jqrn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    Tokyo mirage session. Thank you. I’ll have two please. One for me and one for myself.

DarthDub, MagnesG and Chary like this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I know I'm late to the party, but...

ARE YOU ALL OK!!!???

BUSTAH' WOLF!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Especially if they don't puss out and make it uncensored this time!

13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    nothing i didn't already know another shitty direct as i predicted. whats that snes games are coming? yeh got all dem on ma shield TV

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Sep 5, 2019
  14. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    No Ridge Racer 8?
    Switch is dead...

15. _DrBecks_

_DrBecks_ Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2018
    Germany
    The only surprise was Tokyo Mirage Sessions :) the other announcements were … obvious

16. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    Cooking curry is nice and relaxing, try it sometime!

Fugelmir and dudephanith like this.
  17. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    You forgot Jedi Outcast on the highlights list.

18. NoNAND

NoNAND The missing chip

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    DOOM 64, Tokyo Mirage FE #, Xenoblade Definitive Edition, The Witcher series, what more could i ask for. I have to say I'm generally pleased by this Nintendo direct. Truth be told i was expecting something far worse, but this one takes the cake.
    Would have loved to see a Shin Megami Tensei 5 reveal but oh well let's not get salty.

_DrBecks_ likes this.
  19. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Tokyo Mirage session when ?
    This year , i hope ?

20. szezjo

szezjo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Poland
    Well, Tokyo Mirage Sessions announcement is great... it was the only game I wanted WiiU for and didn't have Switch port yet. Now, I don't have to look for U, yay!

But... what's more exciting is the announcement of Moon on Switch. Finally we don't have to wait for fan translation. Now we can only hope that this port will be good.

Well, after this Direct I REALLY want to buy Switch... but my wallet is not so happy...