Nintendo Direct Sept 23rd - roundup - N64 games coming to Switch Online, Bayonetta 3 trailer

Temporary mode or not, that's not stopping the latest Nintendo Direct, nor will it be stopping GBAtemp from covering the stream as it airs. Catch the Direct in about half an hour, when it starts, or keep an eye on this thread, where all the latest and greatest announcements will be summarized, live. Share your speculation and hype, below!

We begin with Capcom. Monster Hunter: Rise - Sunbreak is a DLC out in Summer 2022. Described as a "massive expansion".

Five boards from the N64 Mario Party games will be in the latest Mario Party game. We get a look at some gameplay.

Next is an RPG. Turn-based card battles in this tabletop inspired game. Yoko Taro is involved. It's called Voice of Cards, launches on October 28th. A demo launches today.

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is headed to the Switch. Digital launch October 22, physical release early 2022.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting an expansion pass. Wave 2 launches October 29th.

Chocobo GP is a kart racer featuring Final Fantasy themes and characters. You can cast spells at enemy cars. Racers will also have special abilities they can use, and it has online and local features. 2022. Switch exclusive.

The final Smash DLC character will be revealed on October 5th in a special video.

It's time for Kirby. Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platforming game. All the series typical powerups are there to play with. Launches Spring 2022. It takes place in decrepit, abandoned parks and past civilizations.

An Animal Crossing Direct with new content is coming this October. There will be new free content in November, including The Roost.

Mario Golf: Super Rush is getting new content, including Koopa Troopa and Ninja as new playable characters. There's two courses to be added, as well. The update is available today.

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition announced. It lets you play as a Mii-like character and have fun with Disney characters. Launches this holiday. As announced before, it launches October 8th.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming to the Switch. November 11th.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human will be on the Switch through cloud streaming. It'll have online coop. Feb 4th.

Dying Light 1: Platinum Edition launches October 19th.

Triangle Strategy gets some new footage. The story will change based on your choices. The developers have made changes in accordance to players' feedback. You can control the camera in battle, and there's a difficulty selector, too. March 4th.

Time for Metroid Dread. New footage shows us gameplay, and a breakdown of the story. It takes place on Planet ZDR. There will be a variety of different environments, each with different enemy types and things to explore.

Nintendo Switch Online news is up. There's a new membership plan. It includes N64 games. Yoshi's Story, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, and more are going to be added. It'll have online features.

SEGA Genesis games will also be available with the plan. It'll be called the Nintendo Switch + Expansion Plan. It launches this October. Wireless N64 and Genesis controllers will be available.

Shadowrun Trilogy is coming to the Switch. It packs together three CRPGs.

Castlevania Advanced Collection announced formally. It also includes Dracula X.

Actraiser is getting a full HD remaster. Brand new 2.5D graphics. Has brand new music, and the ability to switch between the old. Launches today.

Deltarune takes the stage to reveal Chapter 2 on the Switch. Free update today.

Surviving the Aftermath is out this holiday.
SMT V gets preorders today.
Wreckfest is out this fall.

March 22 for Rune Factory 5.

Miyamoto is talking about the Mario movie now. It'll be in theaters holiday 2022. December 21, 2022 in North America.

Chris Pratt is playing Mario. Anya Taylor Joy is Peach. Charlie Day is Luigi. Jack Black is Bowser. Keegan Micheal Key is Toad. Seth Rogan is DK. Charles Martinet will make a cameo.

Splatoon 3 shows off a new trailer. 2022 release.

Last trailer...is for...

Bayonetta 3. We finally get a new look. Gameplay trailer shows off the combat. There are Kaiju fights. 2022.

Highlights

Smash Presentation to take place on October 5, will reveal final DLC fighter
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platformer
Animal Crossing Direct is happening next month
Actraiser remaster out today
Super Mario animated movie will be out holiday 2022
N64 and Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online as part of a new, more expensive tier

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
That was a pretty good Direct, nothing too exciting for me but very interesting games to keep in mind for next year: Triangle Strategy, New Kirby and Bayonetta 3.

I'm really glad that Voice of Cards is coming soon, gotta try that demo. And Deltarune Chapter 2!

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better than how DK transitioned to 3D, yeah I said it. DK64 could've been so much better had they not padded out the collecting.
Well if you're talking about the Country games they're more 2.5D and sidescrolling rather than 3D, so it's not gonna work. As they need to come up with something different for it to work in the 3rd dimension, in DK's case.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The new Kirby looks great, can't wait to see how it'll make the transition to 3D.
kirby already had 2 full 3d games well kinda kirby air ride was a 3d openworld kinda race game on one of its modes and kirby blowout blast or whatever it was a 3ds exclusive digital only game

Well if you're talking about the Country games they're more 2.5D and sidescrolling rather than 3D, so it's not gonna work. As they need to come up with something different for it to work in the 3rd dimension, in DK's case.
he was obiously talking about donkey kong 64 and not the country games, those are not 3d games...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DK64 had too many things to collect and backtracking. It's too much.

Reactions: CoolMe

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since Banjo Kazooie is coming to Switch Online should we eventually expect the rest of the Rare games from the N64 era eventually? Never played Tooie, Jet Force Gemini or DK 64.

Also its odd that Sega is releasing Sonic 2, but not Sonic 1.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kirby already had 2 full 3d games well kinda kirby air ride was a 3d openworld kinda race game on one of its modes and kirby blowout blast or whatever it was a 3ds exclusive digital only game

he was obiously talking about donkey kong 64 and not the country games, those are not 3d games...
Those weren't exactly traditional 3D titles. This is the first one with full blown power ups and fleshed out levels.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since Banjo Kazooie is coming to Switch Online should we eventually expect the rest of the Rare games from the N64 era eventually? Never played Tooie, Jet Force Gemini or DK 64.

Also its odd that Sega is releasing Sonic 2, but not Sonic 1.

Sonic 2 is better than 1, 1 is just...slow

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic 2 is better than 1, 1 is just...slow
And sonic 3 is better than both combined. Neither fact changes that it's odd not to release the games in order.

I don’t like these slow rollouts though. Feels like a big tease. Just release your entire library you intend to make available on day one.

Last edited by Prior22,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At least now we know why they delayed the "localization" of rf5, at least I finished the definitive jp version with no bs attached. :P

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
YEAH, I LOVE THIS!!! The new Kirby game's gonna be cool. And wow, Actraiser has a remake now.

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Holy, a new Kirby game, Actraiser remake, N64 and Genesis Online, and KOTOR coming to Switch! This is magical! Wonder how they got the rights to Banjo-Kazooie though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each...