Nintendo Direct Sept 23rd - roundup - N64 games coming to Switch Online, Bayonetta 3 trailer

Temporary mode or not, that's not stopping the latest Nintendo Direct, nor will it be stopping GBAtemp from covering the stream as it airs. Catch the Direct in about half an hour, when it starts, or keep an eye on this thread, where all the latest and greatest announcements will be summarized, live. Share your speculation and hype, below!

We begin with Capcom. Monster Hunter: Rise - Sunbreak is a DLC out in Summer 2022. Described as a "massive expansion".

Five boards from the N64 Mario Party games will be in the latest Mario Party game. We get a look at some gameplay.

Next is an RPG. Turn-based card battles in this tabletop inspired game. Yoko Taro is involved. It's called Voice of Cards, launches on October 28th. A demo launches today.

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is headed to the Switch. Digital launch October 22, physical release early 2022.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting an expansion pass. Wave 2 launches October 29th.

Chocobo GP is a kart racer featuring Final Fantasy themes and characters. You can cast spells at enemy cars. Racers will also have special abilities they can use, and it has online and local features. 2022. Switch exclusive.

The final Smash DLC character will be revealed on October 5th in a special video.

It's time for Kirby. Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platforming game. All the series typical powerups are there to play with. Launches Spring 2022. It takes place in decrepit, abandoned parks and past civilizations.

An Animal Crossing Direct with new content is coming this October. There will be new free content in November, including The Roost.

Mario Golf: Super Rush is getting new content, including Koopa Troopa and Ninja as new playable characters. There's two courses to be added, as well. The update is available today.

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition announced. It lets you play as a Mii-like character and have fun with Disney characters. Launches this holiday. As announced before, it launches October 8th.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming to the Switch. November 11th.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human will be on the Switch through cloud streaming. It'll have online coop. Feb 4th.

Dying Light 1: Platinum Edition launches October 19th.

Triangle Strategy gets some new footage. The story will change based on your choices. The developers have made changes in accordance to players' feedback. You can control the camera in battle, and there's a difficulty selector, too. March 4th.

Time for Metroid Dread. New footage shows us gameplay, and a breakdown of the story. It takes place on Planet ZDR. There will be a variety of different environments, each with different enemy types and things to explore.

Nintendo Switch Online news is up. There's a new membership plan. It includes N64 games. Yoshi's Story, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, and more are going to be added. It'll have online features.

SEGA Genesis games will also be available with the plan. It'll be called the Nintendo Switch + Expansion Plan. It launches this October. Wireless N64 and Genesis controllers will be available.

Shadowrun Trilogy is coming to the Switch. It packs together three CRPGs.

Castlevania Advanced Collection announced formally. It also includes Dracula X.

Actraiser is getting a full HD remaster. Brand new 2.5D graphics. Has brand new music, and the ability to switch between the old. Launches today.

Deltarune takes the stage to reveal Chapter 2 on the Switch. Free update today.

Surviving the Aftermath is out this holiday.
SMT V gets preorders today.
Wreckfest is out this fall.

March 22 for Rune Factory 5.

Miyamoto is talking about the Mario movie now. It'll be in theaters holiday 2022. December 21, 2022 in North America.

Chris Pratt is playing Mario. Anya Taylor Joy is Peach. Charlie Day is Luigi. Jack Black is Bowser. Keegan Micheal Key is Toad. Seth Rogan is DK. Charles Martinet will make a cameo.

Splatoon 3 shows off a new trailer. 2022 release.

Last trailer...is for...

Bayonetta 3. We finally get a new look. Gameplay trailer shows off the combat. There are Kaiju fights. 2022.

Highlights

Smash Presentation to take place on October 5, will reveal final DLC fighter
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platformer
Animal Crossing Direct is happening next month
Actraiser remaster out today
Super Mario animated movie will be out holiday 2022
N64 and Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online as part of a new, more expensive tier

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much in one direct, and yet sadly I still want more. Although this will make me probably try and get another Switch to finally play Online with, because I haven't cared about it since Smash got decent modding going for it.

I got my wish of Kirby, just not in the form I expected...will hopefully be a fun ride though.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if those N64 Controllers will work with anything under bluetooth or if its strictly only meant for use with the Switch. If they can be used on more devices, then I might be tempted to jump on it.

Also, Nice to see Bayonetta 3 finally out there now!

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much in one direct, and yet sadly I still want more. Although this will make me probably try and get another Switch to finally play Online with, because I haven't cared about it since Smash got decent modding going for it.

I got my wish of Kirby, just not in the form I expected...will hopefully be a fun ride though.

Kirby should be interesting!

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it just me or pretty much all the rumors regarding the Switch in recent times has not come to fruition, its almost like Nintendo is doing it on purpose now. talk about the Switch Pro, now no mention of Game Boy coming to Switch online. Perhaps they are planning to sell some GB games individually before adding the GB to Switch online.
Jumping straight to N64, one can just hope that they would also add GB later on along with GC and Wii perhaps (not sure how well the Switch would handle these last 2) ?

Anyway that Sega Genesis plug is hilarious considering that Sega already released a 50+ genesis collection to the Switch and at first glance I already spotted some games that are on the collection that will also come to the Switch online.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Temporary mode or not, that's not stopping the latest Nintendo Direct, nor will it be stopping GBAtemp from covering the stream as it airs. Catch the Direct in about half an hour, when it starts, or keep an eye on this thread, where all the latest and greatest announcements will be summarized, live. Share your speculation and hype, below!

We begin with Capcom. Monster Hunter: Rise - Sunbreak is a DLC out in Summer 2022. Described as a "massive expansion".

Five boards from the N64 Mario Party games will be in the latest Mario Party game. We get a look at some gameplay.

Next is an RPG. Turn-based card battles in this tabletop inspired game. Yoko Taro is involved. It's called Voice of Cards, launches on October 28th. A demo launches today.

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is headed to the Switch. Digital launch October 22, physical release early 2022.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting an expansion pass. Wave 2 launches October 29th.

Chocobo GP is a kart racer featuring Final Fantasy themes and characters. You can cast spells at enemy cars. Racers will also have special abilities they can use, and it has online and local features. 2022. Switch exclusive.

The final Smash DLC character will be revealed on October 5th in a special video.

It's time for Kirby. Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platforming game. All the series typical powerups are there to play with. Launches Spring 2022. It takes place in decrepit, abandoned parks and past civilizations.

An Animal Crossing Direct with new content is coming this October. There will be new free content in November, including The Roost.

Mario Golf: Super Rush is getting new content, including Koopa Troopa and Ninja as new playable characters. There's two courses to be added, as well. The update is available today.

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition announced. It lets you play as a Mii-like character and have fun with Disney characters. Launches this holiday. As announced before, it launches October 8th.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming to the Switch. November 11th.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human will be on the Switch through cloud streaming. It'll have online coop. Feb 4th.

Dying Light 1: Platinum Edition launches October 19th.

Triangle Strategy gets some new footage. The story will change based on your choices. The developers have made changes in accordance to players' feedback. You can control the camera in battle, and there's a difficulty selector, too. March 4th.

Time for Metroid Dread. New footage shows us gameplay, and a breakdown of the story. It takes place on Planet ZDR. There will be a variety of different environments, each with different enemy types and things to explore.

Nintendo Switch Online news is up. There's a new membership plan. It includes N64 games. Yoshi's Story, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, and more are going to be added. It'll have online features.

SEGA Genesis games will also be available with the plan. It'll be called the Nintendo Switch + Expansion Plan. It launches this October. Wireless N64 and Genesis controllers will be available.

Shadowrun Trilogy is coming to the Switch. It packs together three CRPGs.

Castlevania Advanced Collection announced formally. It also includes Dracula X.

Actraiser is getting a full HD remaster. Brand new 2.5D graphics. Has brand new music, and the ability to switch between the old. Launches today.

Deltarune takes the stage to reveal Chapter 2 on the Switch. Free update today.

Surviving the Aftermath is out this holiday.
SMT V gets preorders today.
Wreckfest is out this fall.

March 22 for Rune Factory 5.

Miyamoto is talking about the Mario movie now. It'll be in theaters holiday 2022. December 21, 2022 in North America.

Chris Pratt is playing Mario. Anya Taylor Joy is Peach. Charlie Day is Luigi. Jack Black is Bowser. Keegan Micheal Key is Toad. Seth Rogan is DK. Charles Martinet will make a cameo.

Splatoon 3 shows off a new trailer. 2022 release.

Last trailer...is for...

Bayonetta 3. We finally get a new look. Gameplay trailer shows off the combat. There are Kaiju fights. 2022.

Highlights

Smash Presentation to take place on October 5, will reveal final DLC fighter
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platformer
Animal Crossing Direct is happening next month
Actraiser remaster out today
Super Mario animated movie will be out holiday 2022
N64 and Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online as part of a new, more expensive tier

Why is it that this post wasn’t deleted after temporary mode was disabled?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So instead of a N64 classic, they just release them as digital and charge a monthly fee. Not a fan of that approach.

I never played any of the bayonetta games; i'm not overly fond of button mashers (it is one of those, correct?). But I know loads of people love the games, so i'm glad it's getting a release window

Why is it that this post wasn’t deleted after temporary mode was disabled?
It was, as all the comments posted during temp-times are gone. My guess is it was backed up so it could be re-posted when the transition happened.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So instead of a N64 classic, they just release them as digital and charge a monthly fee. Not a fan of that approach.

I never played any of the bayonetta games; i'm not overly fond of button mashers (it is one of those, correct?). But I know loads of people love the games, so i'm glad it's getting a release window

It was, as all the comments posted during temp-times are gone. My guess is it was backed up so it could be re-posted when the transition happened.
Interesting, must be an important post then…

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They really added an additionnal pack to have more roms ... Like, to them, their service is already worth the price. And they claim that they'll add more games ? Well, just like they did before so .....

And 50€/$ the controllers lmao what the actual f*ck.
I mean, 50€ the goddamn 3 buttons megadrive controller ?? Seriously ??? Just get an 8bitdo one with 6 buttons, half the price and at least as good if not better

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As was mentioned above getting the Genesis games is no big deal since there was a release by Sega that gave access to dozens of genesis titles.

Now a Saturn pack would be incredible. Something about lost Saturn code for certain games is hindering that I think?

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A moment of silence to all temporary posts.

Overall a mild Direct, some good stuff but nothing much for this year.
Square Enix's WORKING TITLE franchise keeps getting better, I might snag Triangle Strategy later.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Direct ruined By Xseed delaying the game to add crap that was not priority rewriting characters and not fixing the gameplay issues affecting rune factory 5

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country

Depends what you mean by "Button mashers", if that's what you call Devil May Cry and MGR then yeah it's one of those. Usually simply mashing isn't really the best way to play them though, you want to concentrate on actually building decent and varied combos. If you only care about simply getting the game complete rather than getting highest rank on each stage you could just pick one combo and boringly spam it, at that point though you're missing a lot of what the games have to offer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night