• Replies 51
  • Likes 1

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the price here is right yes I wil buy into it. I enjoyed the main game more than enough to warrant enjoying some new levels

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought the game from the eshop 3 hours ago and already beat browser at the end of world 6. I can't help but feel like I been trolled by Nintendo. Way too short of a game. Definitely not worth the 40 dollar price tag. Won't buying any dlc for this. Game is over priced to began with. Possibly the shortest mario game to date. Game is so short the DLC should be free. Nintendo has failed once again.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought the game from the eshop 3 hours ago and already beat browser at the end of world 6. I can't help but feel like I been trolled by Nintendo. Way too short of a game. Definitely not worth the 40 dollar price tag. Won't buying any dlc for this. Game is over priced to began with. Possibly the shortest mario game to date. Game is so short the DLC should be free. Nintendo has failed once again.

Isn't the coin-collecting mechanic supposed to pad out the game length? You have to play through the levels a good amount of times to reach the $1 million goal, right?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Possibly the shortest mario game to date.

There's Super Mario Land... Boy, that game was short!
At least SM3DL has the 3 Star coins, extra level, extra worlds... You'll be missing 70% of the game if you don't even try to get those. But I agree with you... it's overpriced.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't careless about the coin collecting goal.

There's Super Mario Land... Boy, that game was short!
At least SM3DL has the 3 Star coins, extra level, extra worlds... You'll be missing 70% of the game if you don't even try to get those. But I agree with you... it's overpriced.

huh? I was talking about new super mario brothers 2. The thread topic. Not 3d land.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Isn't the coin-collecting mechanic supposed to pad out the game length? You have to play through the levels a good amount of times to reach the $1 million goal, right?

Yeah, like farming in Mushroom-1 is so fun.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ There are other methods. Look them up on Youtube. I'm currently using the Star-1 farming method.

Either way, I'd rather play a real level with coins to collect rather than adhere to such a rigid farming method.
I'm actually looking forward to the DLC since it may look like you can get 30,000 coins without any cheap trick.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want more crap for your mediocre Mario game? We are selling levels at the low low price of $2 for 3. And they're based on feedback from our awesome nintendo fans!
~looks at customer review/rating for urban champion 3d classic... walks away~

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I'm hoping that Nintendo starts releasing full worlds as DLC. For $6/7, I would definitely buy a hard-world in the vein of World 9 in NSMB Wii.

Want more crap for your mediocre Mario game? We are selling levels at the low low price of $2 for 3. And they're based on feedback from our awesome nintendo fans!
axb1pj.gif

Reactions: 1 person

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NSMB2 has around 80 levels as did SMW, NSMB and SMB3. What did you expect from a 2D-Mario game?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSMB2 has around 80 levels as did SMW, NSMB and SMB3. What did you expect from a 2D-Mario game?

Yet in those games it takes at least 15 hours to get everything w/o cheating. Each level in those games was also somewhat longer. Don't make excuse for Nintendo ripping people off.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yet in those games it takes at least 15 hours to get everything w/o cheating. Each level in those games was also somewhat longer. Don't make excuse for Nintendo ripping people off.
My question was about the number of levels. Also the levels of NSMB2 are much longer than those of SMB3.

May I ask how many hours to find all secret exits, finding all hidden stars and completing all three special worlds? You can see that in the Activity Log app. Just curious.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not bothering with the stars. Many are annoying as hell. Have only found 2 secret exits so far. Don't even have the motivation to look for them. I would if they would somehow change the map like SMW and reveal other hidden levels in the process. But we all know that's not the case. Nintendo will never make another SMW

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you play through the three special worlds?

It seems like you ran through the game. I know from myself that if I run through the other Mario 2D games, that they don't last very long. It's the same with NSMB2. So I repeat, what did you expect?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

May I ask how old you are? I find the game to be challenging enough to be enjoyable. Sure the price tag is not that good, but aren't all 3DS titles this price? Can you name 1 game that is worth it for me pls?

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Name 1 game that's worth $40 on 3ds? Easy. RE:R, KI:U, (some will argue the next ones on the list, just my opinion) OOT 3D, Theatrhythm, the upcoming paper Mario, super smash bros., possibly even Luigi's mansion, animal crossing. Just to name a handful. Nsmb2, if you ever hit the bargain bin ($10-$20) I'll show you some love. Not until then. And damn sure wouldn't buy DLC after being duped by: "yay another epic Mario adventure" Show me a Mario game the likes of smw or a 3d one like Mario 64, sunshine or galaxy.
This 2d crap with no storyline is just pumping ppl for money. Hell, your princess is in another castle had more substance than the Mario games 3ds has seen so far. I know fanboys will crucify me, but fuck it, yeah...I said it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.