Nintendo Direct for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to air on August 8

BgnqP0B.png

Nintendo fans have been awaiting a Nintendo Direct, ever since E3. This new announcement arrives after leaks stated a new Direct would be airing later this month, and now Nintendo has confirmed. Announced at EVO 2018, there will be a Super Smash Bros. focused Nintendo Direct livestream on August 8th at 7 am PT/ 4 pm CEST, where Masahiro Sakurai will be discussing new information related to the game. Be sure to stay tuned, as the event will be covered live on GBAtemp as it airs.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a waste of a direct! I hope it causes their stock to drop further!!!!! I want news on the other titles, NoA claims they have in the works for 2018 n the first half of 2019. I don’t mean indie titles either!!!!! I want to hear news on the classic games included with Nintendo Switch Online, as well as thier release date! Not more news on the always over hyped fake fighter that is SSB! I bet I am not the only switch owner, waiting for the switch drought to end!

I agree. I won't even purchase a Swtch until there are a decent amount of A+++ titles to play.

you're either purposefully ignorant or just stupid.

Completely unnecessary and completely against forum rules.

This is what Nintendo published in 2018 based on the NA market.

Bayonetta 2
Kirby Star Allies
Nintendo Labo Toy-con 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
Sushi Striker
Mario Tennis Aces
Octopath Traveler
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Go Vacation
Nintendo Labo Toy-con 3
Super Mario Party
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
The World Ends with You

This is what Nintendo published in 2017.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - Nintendo EPD
1-2 Switch
Snipperclips
Mario Kart 8 DX -
Arms
Splatoon 2
Pokkén Tournament
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Remove the ports & those available on other systems. How many are left? From what's remaining, how many are actually worth buying? The followig is a more accurate list (imo of course, so don't anyone get their panties in a bunch). W00t! If I bought a Switch now I'd have a whopping 10 titles to pick from (for me personally), and a couple of those are iffy. I'm taking the side of the drought believers. :P Ther eare two games howver, that would make me purchase a Switch instantly. A new & legit Animal Crossing, and the same for a Fatal Frame/Project Zero.

Kirby Star Allies
Mario Tennis Aces
Octopath Traveler
Super Mario Party
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Snipperclips
Arms
Splatoon
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Reactions: oji

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remove the ports & those available on other systems. How many are left?
doing this also kills the xbox library as all new 1st party games are also coming to the pc and makes the ps4 library look meh at best with it basically just being a Bloodborne/God of War + naughty dog machine. Even PCs look like they have a small drought every month or two if you do this.

Last edited by Monado_III,
Reactions: ItsKipz

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Was expecting something more... Since they announced Ridley I became kind of let down. Love Ridley but hey, it doesn`t fit in. And just focused on Smash? They are just going to show more footage, a few skins, maybe one (with any luck two) new character, couple of stages and that`s all. Also they are going to show the new amiibos, etc. Not getting much hype. Hope they prove me wrong. Don`t think so.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Was expecting something more... Since they announced Ridley I became kind of let down. Love Ridley but hey, it doesn`t fit in./QUOTE]

How does the main villain of one of Nintendo's more notable franchises not fit into a game that celebrates Nintendo's history?

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico

Sakurai himself said so when the Wii U / 3DS version came out. You didn`t hear? He said that the proportions of the character were too much to be a single playable character, that he wasn`t willing to do it. Guess he just ceded to the fans pressure. Look it up, it`s on his own words.

And you are right, Smash Bros was a game that USED to celebrate Nintendo`s History, just not anymore. There are some characters there that don`t belong, and some others that should be. But I guess that if you didn`t even knew those words about Ridley, we will never get along with our Smash Bros ideas.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol, another smash direct? the last one was a smash direct (e3), :D

aw well, im still looking forwards to this game. i hope theres tonnes of DLC and many many new characters to come in the new few years.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, SHHHH!

This is great for the community. It provides even more BETA footage and content to compare for archivists, potential mistakes in leaks for info gobblers and theorists, motivation to complete the game for developers and publishers, and security that it will be done for gamers!

If anything, you don't have to watch if you don't want spoilers. Breath of the Wild was an intense session of people wanting to share every last little thing, and I still managed to make it to the point where I knew very little going into the game. I'm sure you can do so with this as well!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ITT: People complaining about Nintendo promoting one of their most-loved and longest running IPs as if they had to piss in everyone's Cheerios to do it.
Still... I wonder what we'll see.. Considering they had a substantial amount of time during E3 to showcase the important aspects, but instead wasted a bit of time "introducing" the lineup. They're getting rather lazy and complacent with their strategies. :v

Reactions: nWo

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doing this also kills the xbox library as all new 1st party games are also coming to the pc and makes the ps4 library look meh at best with it basically just being a Bloodborne/God of War + naughty dog machine. Even PCs look like they have a small drought every month or two if you do this.

Yup. You further proved my point & that is why I don't own a crappy XB1. There's maybe what, 5 exclusives that aren't available on PC? And those 5 include a golf game, Halo 5, and the Halo Collection. Lmao. The PS4's exclusive library is above and beyond the Switch, XB1, and PC by leaps and bounds. As far as PC exclusives go... sure. If you like strategy, sim, and building games. :P

I don't hate the Switch. There's just not a large enough library for ME to warrant a purchase at this time. To each their own. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat