Nintendo Direct for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to air on August 8

BgnqP0B.png

Nintendo fans have been awaiting a Nintendo Direct, ever since E3. This new announcement arrives after leaks stated a new Direct would be airing later this month, and now Nintendo has confirmed. Announced at EVO 2018, there will be a Super Smash Bros. focused Nintendo Direct livestream on August 8th at 7 am PT/ 4 pm CEST, where Masahiro Sakurai will be discussing new information related to the game. Be sure to stay tuned, as the event will be covered live on GBAtemp as it airs.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seriously? I'm starting to hate Smash now, too much of this game in such a short period of time. I'm sick of it. When will we have a regular and nice Nintendo Direct? Without Smash in it.
lol too much? smash had E3 and its own direct and probably wont have anything until release...
most nintendo games appear way more than twice before being released.

Stop trying to be a troll! Lol. I never said all, I said it got mostly indies n it’s true. Most indie games are are crap. 99% shovelware.
again most big nintendo games have their own directs...
splatton 2, xenoblade 2, arms and such all got their own directs even tough they appeared in other directs aswhell.

Also smash is basically one of the top 5 most sold nintendo ips...
n64 smash 5 best selling title loosing to mario kart,mario 64, ocarina of time and goldeneye
GC ssbm was the best selling title.
Wii 8 best selling title
only lost to wiimotion games like wiisports,wiisports resortwiifit,wiifit pus,wii play,nsmb and mario kart.
Wiiu ssb was the 3rd best selling game only lost to mario kart and nsmbu

Srs how is 2 directs too much for a game series that is basically their most consistent top seller?

Srs any better home console games that sell consistently since n64 is just mario platformers and mario kart.

Reactions: lordelan

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it back in May and I'll say it again, Nintendo is really relying on this game being a hit. Once the E3 schedule was released, you could easily tell that they were focused on smash for E3, and everyone loved it, and now they're doing the same thing with their directs, and making one entirely for smash. Like I love smash as much as the next guy, but turn it down a notch Nintendo like you're going to spoil the entire game for us before we even get the chance to boot it up for the first time.

Reactions: Mylink5

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mostly indie games. Most indie games are either clones and/or shovelware. So yes the switch as a drought!
This is what Nintendo published in 2018 based on the NA market.

Bayonetta 2
Kirby Star Allies
Nintendo Labo Toy-con 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
Sushi Striker
Mario Tennis Aces
Octopath Traveler
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Go Vacation
Nintendo Labo Toy-con 3
Super Mario Party
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
The World Ends with You

This is what Nintendo published in 2017.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - Nintendo EPD
1-2 Switch
Snipperclips
Mario Kart 8 DX -
Arms
Splatoon 2
Pokkén Tournament
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think every Nintendo fan who hates hearing about smash is in this thread, like wtf. Smash is a HUGE game for Nintendo that has always been a big system seller as @pedro702 pointed out above me. They just announced it this year and it's coming out before the end of the year, of course they are going to spend a lot of time focusing on it in the relatively short window they have. Sm4sh was announced at E3 2011 but didn't come out until September-December 2014.

Anecdotal but whatever, all of my IRL friends who have a switch bought it for the invetiable release of smash5, and I have several friends who might get a switch but only if smash is good. So I can see why Nintendo is really pushing this hard, (even though a game-specific direct has been done for like a dozen games....)

Last edited by Monado_III,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think every Nintendo fan who hates hearing about smash is in this thread, like wtf. Smash is a HUGE game for Nintendo that has always been a big system seller as @pedro702 pointed out above me. They just announced it this year and it's coming out before the end of the year, of course they are going to spend a lot of time focusing on it in the relatively short window they have. Sm4sh was announced at E3 2011 but didn't come out until September-December 2014.

Anecdotal but whatever, all of my IRL friends who have a switch bought it for the invetiable release of smash5, and I have several friends who might get a switch but only if smash is good.
and it was perfect not to have to swallow that game for like every direct.... My complaint is that they already gave it the E3, make a direct for it days before release, right now nobody wants to hear about smash, we want to know about other games as well, they can't rely only on Smash... not everybody likes Smash.

I want to hear more about Pikmin 4 or new IPS, enough with Smash... They keep revealing characters there is no surprise anymore.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and it was perfect not to have to swallow that game for like every direct.... My complaint is that they already gave it the E3, make a direct for it days before release, right now nobody wants to hear about smash, we want to know about other games as well, they can't rely only on Smash... not everybody likes Smash.

I want to hear more about Pikmin 4 or new IPS, enough with Smash... They keep revealing characters there is no surprise anymore.
the numbers disagree with you... smash is a top seller people want to know more about it.

what the hell are you talking about having to swallow smash on every direct? the switch has over 20 directs already and smash was featured on 2... seriously dont know if you are joking or just being dumb really.

Same way pokemon appeared on all directs since reveal and had its own direct too.

heck we got more yoshi gameplay and direct showcase and yoshi doesnt have a name or release date.

complaining about a game wich is a nintendo top seller on every console it was released on for having 2 directs is ridiculous, botw,mario odissey,splatoon 2 and xenoblade had and still have way more appearances, heck splatoon appears on every direct since wiiu being new update or new dlc or anything...

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the numbers disagree with you... smash is a top seller people want to know more about it.

what the hell are you talking about having to swallow smash on every direct? the switch has over 20 directs already and smash was featured on 2... seriously dont know if you are joking or just being dumb really.

Same way pokemon appeared on all directs since reveal and had its own direct too.

heck we got more yoshi gameplay and direct showcase and yoshi doesnt have a name or release date.

complaining about a game wich is a nintendo top seller on every console it was released on for having 2 directs is ridiculous, botw,mario odissey,splatoon 2 and xenoblade had and still have way more appearances, heck splatoon appears on every direct since wiiu being new update or new dlc or anything...

they had segments of 5 mins and they weren't constant like in every single direct.
Smash got 98% of E3 Direct.... Like 90 mins of just smash... And after the presentation finished they started live treehouse with Smash... Everybody was thirsty for new things... You can go to YouTube and watch videos of people complaining and wanting the Smash part of the direct to finish... Because they wanted something more not just Smash.

When the direct finished everybody got "WTF" faces... Why? Too much smash.

Now that we have been patiently waiting for a Nintendo Direct they come back.. with more Smash... They have got to be kidding me. What a painful time to be a Switch owner... Waiting for new experiences and more news about up coming games... And they try to shovel Smash up your *ss!

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
they had segments of 5 mins and they weren't constant like in every single direct.
Smash got 98% of E3 Direct.... Like 90 mins of just smash... And after the presentation finished they started live treehouse with Smash... Everybody was thirsty for new things... You can go to YouTube and watch videos of people complaining and wanting the Smash part of the direct to finish... Because they wanted something more not just Smash.

Now that we have been patiently waiting for a Nintendo Direct they come back.. with more Smash... They have got to be kidding me. What a painful time to be a Switch owner... Waiting for new experiences and more news about up coming games... And they try to shovel Smash up your *ss!
2018 was always planned to be the "casual" year. 2019 onwards will be more core focused.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll sum it up for ya'll.

New players, new moves, new costumes, new levels, new attacks, and improved Amiibo support. And that's a wrap.

News on Metroid, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight sequels highly desired. After all, the last Kid Icarus come back was anti-epic.
Uprising was amazing

Reactions: Eddypikachu

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Nintendo had nothing else to put out so they used smash, yoshy was delayed, metroid probably doesnt even have anything to show, same for the rest of the upcoming titles really, you would have prefered a 20 min direct ending after like mario party? lol, also a smash only direct was bound to happen because every big nintendo ip had it

arms
splatoon 2
xenoblade 2
fire emblem
pokemon

and obviously this special direct needs to be before the game releases, if they show alot of smash now their next direct wont have smash probably or just a character announcement on the end which is a good thing for people like you.

Reactions: YamiZee

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I saw the "NINTENDO DIRECT" part and nearly jumped, until i saw "Super Smash Bros". I really love Smash, but Nintendo is releasing information every single 5 minutes and forgetting about the rest. It's just sad at this point. I love smash so much, and i'm really hyped, but please, we need new stuff!

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Yessssss. I've been waiting for this. While I do agree that the influx of Smash news is rather... Excessive, you have to understand that this is one of Nintendo's most beloved franchises, so it would make sense that they're pushing Ultimate as much as possible. They know what the fans want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: