Nintendo Direct - Feb 8th - Metroid Prime and Baten Kaitos remaster

Get your boarding passes ready, because the Nintendo Hype Train is about to take off. The first Nintendo Direct of 2023 is here, and will contain information regarding Switch games due out this first half of the year...mostly. There are rumors of all sorts going around, including the possibility of a Metroid announcement, GBA games for Nintendo Switch Online, and more. The 40-minute-long Direct kicks off at 4pm CST--about 45 minutes after this thread has gone live.

It begins.

Pikmin 4 is the game to start things off. There's a dog that you can control and have help you move things. Plenty of new gameplay shown, including an ice Pikmin. Launches July 21, 2023.

Masha is the newest Xenoblade character. This is the upcoming DLC to Xenoblade 3. Volume 4 has new story content. Feb 15 is the date for Volume 3.

New Samba de Amigo game, subtitled Party Central. It's a rhythm game that uses the Joy-Cons. Has multiplayer. Releases Summer 2023.

Fashion Dreamer is a new game where you pick out outfits for an influencer. It's from XSEED. Out sometime this year.

Dead Cells has a trailer for its new Castlevania themed DLC. You can fight Dracula, use a whip, features 51 Castlevania themes as well. March 6th.

TRON: Identity is a game with dialogue choices.

Ghost Trick returns in a brand new port. Summer launch, has HD visuals.

Deca Police is a game about a detective that uses VR to solve cases, there's tactical RPG elements. 2023.

Bayonetta Origins is next. The trailer introduces a demon that you can control at the same time as Bayonetta. March 17th.

New Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass. Wave 1 is Inkopolis. Spring 2023. A second wave is also on the way. Called Side Order.

Disney Illusion Island is a 2D platformer. Local multiplayer. July 28.

New Emblems are coming to Engage, featuring Soren, Hector, Camilla, Chrom/Robin, Veronica, all to be added. Fell Xenologue is a new story DLC. Wave 2 releases later today.

Harmony: The Fall of Reverie is a story game with many routes, has music from the Celeste composer, out this June.

Octopath II gets a new demo.

We <3 Katamari remaster on the way, with new challenges. June 2.

Sea of Stars is a turn-based RPG. Chrono Trigger composer made music for the game.

F2P online game Omega Strikers is an air-hockey soccer game.

The first three Etrian Odyssey games are coming to Switch. New art and new difficulty and auto map. June 1st.

Advance Wars is finally back. April 21st, for real this time.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe. You can play as Magolar. Demo available later today. Feb 24.

Game Boy games are coming to NSO. Launch games features Tetris, Super Mario Land 2, Link's Awakening DX, Gargoyle's Quest, Game & Watch 3, Alone in the Dark, Metroid 2, Wario Land 3, Kirby's Dream Land.

GBA too. For Expansion Pack. Mario Advance 4, WarioWare, Kuru Kuru Kururin, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Superstar Saga, Minish Cap. Local and online play. Launches today.

Metroid Prime is getting a remaster. Launches today. Feb 22 for physical launch.

Master Detective is a game where each detective has a supernatural power. June 30th.

Baten Kaitos is getting a remaster too. Both games. Summer.

Fantasy Life is getting a new game. 2023.

So is Layton, in the New World of Steam.

Wave 4 Mario Kart tracks. Yoshi's Island, Birdo is playable. Out Spring.

BOTW 2 is next. Gameplay and story trailer. May 12. Amiibo and collector's edition out at launch.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hope it's worth watching...
it was ok, and i see the game that would literally bring ww3 is launching this time (Advance Wars).

Last edited by ZeroFX,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really want another proper Legend of Zelda game, after TotK; if they announce a third goddamn open-world game that doesn't respect the series whatsoever, outside of an ugly skin, I'm not gonna be happy.

Other than that...a new console would be surprising, but kinda needed now. Or, I dunno, new F-Zero game? Info on the next Xenoblade game? Or, since it's an annualised franchise now when it really should be two years, Pokémon - I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least the name of this November's entry. Kirby, perhaps.

Kid Icarus would be cool, too.

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

salv0id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really want another proper Legend of Zelda game, after TotK; if they announce a third goddamn open-world game that doesn't respect the series whatsoever, outside of an ugly skin, I'm not gonna be happy.

Other than that...a new console would be surprising, but kinda needed now. Or, I dunno, new F-Zero game? Info on the next Xenoblade game? Or, since it's an annualised franchise now when it really should be two years, Pokémon - I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least the name of this November's entry. Kirby, perhaps.
I'm still hoping they will add dungeons to TotK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over