Nintendo Direct E3 2021 press conference - roundup - Tekken's Kazuya is the next Smash DLC

It's finally time. The Nintendo Direct press conference is the next event of E3 2021. For many, this is the most important show of them all, and for others, all hopes now ride on Nintendo after the results of the other press conferences. What lies in wait? You'll have to find out, when the Nintendo Direct begins in less than two hours, at 9am PT, as well as our live coverage of the event.

Our TempCast team will be streaming their commentary of the event, too! Check it out on Twitch.

Live Coverage

Kazuya from Tekken is the next Smash character. Sakurai is here to show the latest gameplay for Kazuya's moves in Smash. There will be a future presentation, June 28th.

Life is Strange Remastered and True Colors will be on the Switch

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is also coming to the Switch, October 26

Worms Rumble Switch port June 23rd

Astria Ascending is a turn-based RPG coming to the Switch

Two Point Campus will be on the Switch next year

Super Monkey Ball turns 20 this year and remasters old games for a new generation. Banana Mania launches October 5th

Mario Party Superstars includes N64 era boards, there are minigames. 100 of them, in fact. Online play supported for all game modes. You can matchmake with randoms too. Launches October 29th.

There's a Metroid game up next, but it's NOT Prime 4. Metroid 5. It's 2D. Called Metroid Dread, there will be gameplay at Treehouse Live. It launches October 8th. There will be amiibo, too.

Just Dance 2022. Nov. 4.

Cruisin' Blast heads to the Switch. 4 player multiplayer. Console exclusive, this fall.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot heads to the Switch. September 24th, DLC included.

Mario Golf: Super Rush launches soon. There's a golf mode, speed golf where you chase after the ball and use powers, battle golf is an obstacle course, golf adventure is a story mode, and the game will get new free updates post-launch. June 25th.

Monster Hunter Stories 2 gives us some gameplay footage. July 9th.

Wario is the focus of this next game. This one will have 2 player coop. Wario Ware Get It Together, September 10th.

Shin Megami Tensei V is next. As always, you can control demons by convincing them to join you. Fusing is back, too.

Danganronpa is coming to the Switch in Danganronpa decadence, which packs together all the games. DRv3's minigame mode has also been expanded into a full minigame. Launches later this year.

Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water heads to the Switch.

DOOM Eternal's first DLC launches on the Switch today.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 comes to the Switch. June 24th.

Strange Brigade is the next game. Has online and local coop. It's a third-person dungeon crawler.

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope gets another look.

Advance Wars is back. Remade fully. It packs together the first 2 games. December 3rd. Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity's expansion pass is the next news. June 18th. Another DLC will be out November 2021.

Skyward Sword HD's new controls are explained. July 16th launch, as known before.

A Game & Watch Zelda edition. It has three classic titles, with Zelda 1, 2, and Link's Awakening. And Vermin with Link as the character. There's a playable clock and a timer. November 12th.

Alright, now it's BOTW 2 time. Development has been progressing, and there is footage to show. There are sky islands. New powers. A floating castle. 2022. Hyrule's skies will be a new place to explore.

Highlights

• Tekken's Kazuya is the latest Smash DLC character
  • Mario Party Superstars is a new game with minigames, online play, and actual N64 era boards. Launches October 29th.
  • Metroid Dread is a new 2D Metroid game, October 8th.
  • Warioware Get it Together is the latest Warioware game. It has 2 player co-op, new microgames, and more. It releases on September 10th.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V launches November 12th
  • Danganronpa Decadence collects the first three DR games on the Switch. Adds an extra expanded minigame. Releases later this year. The games will be available separately, too, but will have an all-in-one physical releases.
  • Advance Wars: Re-Boot Camp remakes the first two games in the series. Dec 3rd launch.
  • Breath of the Wild 2 launches 2022.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This was a fantastic Direct. Arguably the best in a long while. Good job Nintendo!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also predicted the Doom Eternal DLC and was suprised to see it here!

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd call this severely underwhelming if it wasn't for the fact that every conference sucked this year. Thanks covid. Metroid Dread, some Kickstarter rpg that looked a lot like octopath traveller with a weird name that i forgot and babylon's fall are the only things I'm looking forward to.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd call this severely underwhelming if it wasn't for the fact that every conference sucked this year. Thanks covid. Metroid Dread, some Kickstarter rpg that looked a lot like octopath traveller with a weird name that i forgot and babylon's fall are the only things I'm looking forward to.
I fully, 100% agree with your first two sentences. I'd love for E3 2022 to be better, but currently I have my doubts it will be.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss game hype. You used to be to play games and interview folks on the floor, plus have fun as a crowd watching unveils and build-up to unveils. now it's more just a series of trailers with follow-up information.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: Stealphie

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ngl I don't get how anyone could in good conscience call this direct bad
metroid dread, a game that's been simmering in development hell as the series tumbles and turns for SIXTEEN YEARS to the point of basically becoming a rumor bordering on LEGEND, is finally real and coming out in four months and it looks absolutely fantastic
that alone would skyrocket a direct
but the rest is still pretty decent too

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dread has basically been in development longer than Duke Forever. And Prime 4 is probably going to join it, there.

Not that I'm *not* looking forward to Dread; far from it. The wife, even more so. If there's a Dread themed console, she's going to insist on having that.

But at least for me, I'm basically keeping No More Heroes 3 in higher priority. My own Switch is basically sitting around gathering dust like the WiiU until it gets hacked, or that comes around.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dread has basically been in development longer than Duke Forever. And Prime 4 is probably going to join it, there.

Not that I'm *not* looking forward to Dread; far from it. The wife, even more so. If there's a Dread themed console, she's going to insist on having that.

But at least for me, I'm basically keeping No More Heroes 3 in higher priority. My own Switch is basically sitting around gathering dust like the WiiU until it gets hacked, or that comes around.
it might, it might not
there's three entirely different reasons for the long development here
forever: team was obsessed with constantly adding new things and using new tricks and technology
dread: they couldn't plausibly achieve the vision they wanted for it on the DS, so they waited a while for a far stronger system and promising team to handle it
prime 4: they basically had to scrap and restart from scratch with a different dev team entirely, and they don't want to rush things or push out a subpar product
prime 4 will likely take a while, but it won't be in development hell as much as just having long development

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone