Gaming Nintendo Direct 14 January 2015 thread

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'd be interested hearing some new info about Project C.A.R.S for Wii U and if they're going to do something special with it.

metroid prime collection HD!
I hope so 'cause the Wii version is going for ridiculously high prices.

- DS / N64 / GameCube Virtual Console news
- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Please Nintendo, announce it already!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It'd be awesome if they announced a new title for Wii U. Could be anything. But I'd like for them to talk about a new game. F-Zero... Metroid... Anything. :D

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you high?

No I'm not. I'm fucking tired of remakes and upgrades. There needs to be a two generation rule on this shit and considering that we JUST got the Metroid Prime Collection on Wii, Wii U is too damn soon for a remake. I'd rather see a new Metroid or - here's an idea... How about NEW IP? I'm tired of watching the gaming industry money grub and kill itself with freggin remakes. Its the same reason why I rarely get hyped over movies. It's time for some new ideas.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No I'm not. I'm fucking tired of remakes and upgrades. There needs to be a two generation rule on this shit and considering that we JUST got the Metroid Prime Collection on Wii, Wii U is too damn soon for a remake. I'd rather see a new Metroid or - here's an idea... How about NEW IP? I'm tired of watching the gaming industry money grub and kill itself with freggin remakes. Its the same reason why I rarely get hyped over movies. It's time for some new ideas.

Problem is that the print for the Wii version was very limited and now to get a copy of it could cost more than $100.

Metroid: Prime Collection HD needs to happen.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Problem is that the print for the Wii version was very limited and now to get a copy of it could cost more than $100.

Metroid: Prime Collection HD needs to happen.

Maybe if they get rid of the stupid control scheme the Wii had. Aiming with a WiiRemote is just a no-go.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For the Wii U since they have the Wii U Pro Controller it'd easily make it the best way to play the collection.

That could be nice. It would also be nice if they did sort of a map display on the wii u gamepad while playing on the TV.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Metroid F-zero. Where Samus and captain Falcon meet and fall in love, despite a brainsucked samurai Goroh attempting to thwart them. Gameplay will consist of running, gunning, rolling and driving really fast.

think about this...this'll make perfect sense:
-both feature a heavy sci-fi theme with fancy colored lights and lots of metal and robots
-Samus and Falcon are both loners with a fascination for tech and danger, so they'd make a perfect match. Their reunion would be unlike anything the video game world has ever seen.
-racetracks you can both do in a hyperfast f-zero machine, or attempt to speedrun the thing while tumbled up in a ball as Samus.
-nintendo would shut up two groups of crying fanboys at the same time

And since this nintendo direct will focus on spring releases, they'll announce the release date to be the end of March.

Yeah...speculation can be fun if you don't attempt to make a realistic guess. B-)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That could be nice. It would also be nice if they did sort of a map display on the wii u gamepad while playing on the TV.

That could work for some but if they offered the map on the TV it'd be better as looking down to the GamePad isn't exactly ideal, imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16