Nintendo customer service: No plans to patch Maka Wuhu glitch MK7

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
sounds like the "Other M" fiasco.
what was that?
similar to the skyward sword glitch where if you progressed in a certain way a door wouldn't open causing the player to restart there game entirely

I thought the 3ds could accept game patches so maybe the game was setup so tracks couldn't be patched, and besides help lines are the last place for credible information
simi​

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The customer service obviously thinks that he means to edit the game cards to remove the glitch, not knowing of patches, that sort of person wouldn't know whether there is a patch coming or not.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say, if you can't beat them, join them. If everyone is able to use the glitch, technically it's equal for everyone. Obviously a patch would be better, but if people are going to pick a broken level, you might as well use the shortcut everyone else is using.
No, that just makes you an asshole like the rest of them.
Sure it does... then go ahead and play fair. Lose VR over a glitch that isn't your fault, lol.

If everyone has the ability to do it, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.
I MUST BECAUSE I WILL LOSE SUCH PRECIOUS VR!

If everyone has the ability to use noclip in a FPS game, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.

It's in the game. You're allowed to use it. There's no rule in the game saying you can't.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW Nintendo needs to fire their debugger team. There's one mistake after another. Moreover, what makes it worse it that they won't provide a solution (a damn patch/fix) another than living with it. I hope this isn't a prelude for the WiiU or I'll skip that as well. Get your shit straight Nintendo.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

If everyone has the ability to use noclip in a FPS game, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.
You're missing the point. It's a glitch in the game itself. It's Nintendo's fault for allowing it to be done, and therefore, should be considered fair. Noclip has to be enabled through mods (for MP at least). Who would play an online FPS if you can use noclip? No one.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
if nintendo would patch this game then they would have to delete all the ghost data's belonging to that track otherwise we would end up with world records which are impossible to beat, and yeah they would have to delete ALL of the ghost datas on that race cuz i dont expect them to search around every ghost data to look whether the glitch has been used or not

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
if nintendo would patch this game then they would have to delete all the ghost data's belonging to that track otherwise we would end up with world records which are impossible to beat, and yeah they would have to delete ALL of the ghost datas on that race cuz i dont expect them to search around every ghost data to look whether the glitch has been used or not
maybe they can do something simpler like deleting every host data that has fallen off the edge.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idea: Maybe Nintendo can patch the game but they have no way to force the patch onto the online userbase.
What if it's included in the firmware update? :P

I dunno if that would work but it'd seem like the most reasonable thing to do.

Also, systems like Xbox Live don't even let users play a game until they apply a patch for it. Can they not do the same?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Idea: Maybe Nintendo can patch the game but they have no way to force the patch onto the online userbase.
What if it's included in the firmware update? :P

I dunno if that would work but it'd seem like the most reasonable thing to do.

Also, systems like Xbox Live don't even let users play a game until they apply a patch for it. Can they not do the same?
Possibly Nintendo don't have any checks in place for it. I don't really know what kind of behind the scenes coding has to go on to make such a thing happen.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say, if you can't beat them, join them. If everyone is able to use the glitch, technically it's equal for everyone. Obviously a patch would be better, but if people are going to pick a broken level, you might as well use the shortcut everyone else is using.
No, that just makes you an asshole like the rest of them.
Sure it does... then go ahead and play fair. Lose VR over a glitch that isn't your fault, lol.

If everyone has the ability to do it, it's fair. Sure it's shitty and they should fix it, but everyone has the option to use it.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Possibly Nintendo don't have any checks in place for it. I don't really know what kind of behind the scenes coding has to go on to make such a thing happen.

Just a thought, but since Wii IOS IS the current "kernel" running per specific game, maybe Nintendo updated the Zelda SS's IOS to access game data under NAND rather than specific Disc partition (since IOS is the very OS while running a game)...

//corrected the zelda part: It did use a fix save game file, but somehow I still find possible the above thing..

--

3DS should be similar, considering a small piece of CPU clocks are dedicated to background processing things (said by nintendo themselves), and offering complete system updates, could "interfiere" with loading static code.

Just a thought, /inb4someone says i'm all 100% wrong

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone who says it's fair misses the point. It's a bloody fun track, which I would love to have a real race on. Queuing up to do this shortcut is no fun, therefore for me the track has been spoilt.

Yes I could use it and win but I'd rather not be a dickhead and lose. Luckily, sometimes you still get some like minded people for a real race. Wuhu cheats, fuck off.

Reactions: 1 person

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way to bypass the "unfair advantage" is to create a check for the matchmaking service to make sure users have the same game version. in time there'll be less players around with v1.0 forcing them to update to enjoy the game :)
I'm more of a fan of "No patch, no online play."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?