Gaming Nintendo continues to surprise us once more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to wonder why the entire Wii VC content wasn't available from the get go. It couldn't possibly have been that hard to make whatever slight modifications may have been necessary to get them running on the Wii U. I can't see too many people liking the tiny amount of VC games coming in at a time when it's entirely unnecessary to be pushing them so slowly.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
No chance it's Europe getting a slightly better offer every so often after regularly getting shafted for release dates, content and price? Nah, clearly they're doing it to intentionally piss off their American customers.

I have to wonder why the entire Wii VC content wasn't available from the get go. It couldn't possibly have been that hard to make whatever slight modifications may have been necessary to get them running on the Wii U.

It's not just technical modifications, there's also licencing issues they have to sort out.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not just technical modifications, there's also licencing issues they have to sort out.
The least they could have done is readied a boatload of their Nintendo published titles, since, you know, they'd own the rights to begin with.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread reeks of butthurt.

Guess what? This is what every gamer in Europe has experienced every year for the past 20 years with full major releases taking years to port over, or sometimes never making it over here, at far more expensive prices (and they aren't even localised into English English). Zero sympathy that you'll have to wait a bit of time before you can buy games from 4 generations ago in the 20th different format, when we have games that /never see the light of day/.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to note, I'm for having the games readied for all regions from the get go. I could care less about the distribution of old games in other countries. It shouldn't be hard for Nintendo to simply treat Europe, Japan, and the US equally in certain regards though.

Europe has been getting fucked over with the 3DS though, so, I mean, if Nintendo is going to do this, I'd say it's fair that Europe gets a little extra for having to potentially deal with the localization nightmares they otherwise deal with.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down and wait for a proper release. Didn't you transfer all your Wii VC games to your Wii U? Go play some of that VC while you wait.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
images

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was rather disappointed with the GBA games Nintendo let me download as an Ambassador, the games really weren't polished for the 3DS. I'd have waited a bit longer for the games if they were given the full VC treatment.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Same excuse they use for taking so long to localize physical disk games, red tape. They have to go through ESRB, register the game's trademarks and all that crap. (You can't say it's for translation because Europe has more languages and ROM's packed with emulators don't need any new translation work.)

EDIT : @[user]SickPuppy[/user], love the sig.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*VC just comes out for WiiU*

"WHAT THE FUCK IS NINTENDO DOING?! THIS IS TOTALLY A LEGIT REASON FOR ME TO BITCH! HOW DARE THEY NOT GIVE ME THE GAMES I WANT! HOW DARE THEY TAKE THEIR TIME MAKING SURE THE GAMES WORK ON THE GAMEPAD! HOW DARE THEY NOT RELEASE THE ENTIRE NES/GENESIS/SNES/N64/PS1/GAMECUBE/MAC/ATARI 5200/SEARS CATALOG ON DAY ONE!"

Reactions: fossda

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*VC just comes out for WiiU*

"WHAT THE FUCK IS NINTENDO DOING?! THIS IS TOTALLY A LEGIT REASON FOR ME TO BITCH! HOW DARE THEY NOT GIVE ME THE GAMES I WANT! HOW DARE THEY TAKE THEIR TIME MAKING SURE THE GAMES WORK ON THE GAMEPAD! HOW DARE THEY NOT RELEASE THE ENTIRE NES/GENESIS/SNES/N64/PS1/GAMECUBE/MAC/ATARI 5200/SEARS CATALOG ON DAY ONE!"

4JATmiO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr