heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
'Nintendo' would work just fine, IMO.

I think the Wii U might be classified as a "handheld video game console" if you can play on the game controller. The only difference would be that game discs are placed on the console itself.
No, it isn't a handheld gaming system. You're tied down to the system which essentially defeats the whole portable aspect.
What about people (like me) who play their handhelds at home? :) damn this will be better than my 3DS to play at nights, Nice portable for home use.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think the Wii U might be classified as a "handheld video game console" if you can play on the game controller. The only difference would be that game discs are placed on the console itself.
No, it isn't a handheld gaming system. You're tied down to the system which essentially defeats the whole portable aspect.
What about people (like me) who play their handhelds at home? :) damn this will be better than my 3DS to play at nights, Nice portable for home use.

Fuck I hit Like. I literally didn't mean that.

Um, it's called turning on the TV and playing it.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good. I will say that whoever confuses the 3DS for a DS is a dumbass. With a 3D handheld with 2 screens, the only logical name is 3DS.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuck I hit Like. I literally didn't mean that.

'ha I was like 'what, guild actually liked my post!' o-o

I play stuff in my bed, rather be cosy and play handhelds. I'm not a big console gamer anyway, I don't own HD twins and i don't bother with the Wii. This is one of the reasons I'm excited for the Wii U.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty much.

Heck, Some people are like me and don't like being tied to a TV while still wanting to play at home.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much.

Heck, Some people are like me and don't like being tied to a TV while still wanting to play at home.

Well, personally, odds are I'm spending most of my time (by my own will) in three places in my house:
  1. My room
  2. My living room
  3. The room where the computer is at.
If I'm at 1 or 2, there's an Xbox and a TV there (my Xbox is in my room, my brother's is in the living room). Generally if I'm at 3 I'm on the computer.

The other places in my house (bathroom, dining room, kitchen, and other rooms) I generally don't go to often or don't stay there often. Or I'm usually preoccupied with other things like taking a shit or fixing a sandwich. If I'm going to be playing a video game in my house it'll be in a room that has access to video games. No, I don't enjoy shitting while playing Mario if you're wondering.

If I'm somewhere that's not those rooms and I'm playing video games it's either out of the house (which nullifies the Wii U controller) or at a friend's house. And my friend's are smart enough to both not buy a Wii U and fun enough that I don't need to play a video game on my own there.

So outside of the occasional poop-and-play that some people do, I don't see the use unless you're like ten and your house is so busy with other people using the electronics that you can't access your own crap.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm somewhere that's not those rooms and I'm playing video games it's either out of the house (which nullifies the Wii U controller) or at a friend's house. And my friend's are smart enough to both not buy a Wii U and fun enough that I don't need to play a video game on my own there.
That's a matter of preference, not smarts.

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Instead of rethinking just the name, how about rethinking the whole darn thing!?!

They should put out a product that people will actually buy... like mind-control games!

If they keep the controller idea, the wii u is just a handheld with hd graphics and touchscreen all in one.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about 3DS compatibility, you can "stream" your 3DS game to the Wii 2, and the console make it looks better(4x AA minimum) & you play with the touchscreen/TV.
Yeah, I like dreaming...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change it to revolution

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good name (it was the Wii codename, right?). It separates itself from the Wii brand to avoid confusion or any bad feelings left by the system, its name implies something positive about the system (like that its a completely new thing in gaming) and calling it the "Nintendo Revolution" still keeps the brand name in your head.

Now that's smart naming.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
change it to revolution
I don't know why they ever changed the Wii from that to begin with.
Guess they ditched the whole "let's revolutionize gaming by adding motion control to games we know and love!" idea and replaced it with "let's make games everybody, aka, WE can play TOGETHER! And let's be family friendly! YAY!".*

*except for the handful of good titles for the Wii.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
change it to revolution
Guess they ditched the whole "let's revolutionize gaming by adding motion control to games we know and love!" idea and replaced it with "let's make games everybody, aka, WE can play TOGETHER! And let's be family friendly! YAY!".*

The phrase "Wii would like to play" are suddenly coming back...*shudder*

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
change it to revolution

The phrase "Wii would like to play" are suddenly coming back...*shudder*
What you're experiencing right now are pure Wiimotions. Let them overwhelm you, do not Wiithdrawl into your Hardcore Gamer shell and embrace the New World Order. Wii will Rock you.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi