Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hm...

Nintendo Entertainment System -> Super Nintendo Entertainment System
GameBoy -> GameBoy Color -> GameBoy Advance -> Gamecube (and a VirtualBoy somewhere in there)
Nintendo DS -> Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Wii -> Nintendo Wii U

So, other than Nintendo64, Nintendo always used the original names at least partially for a follow-up console. Guess it's a tradition for them. Wondering why there was no confusion back then though? I don't mind the Wii U name at all, so, I kind of have a hard time thinking at a alternative. Maybe Nintendo128 (if they are to rip off another "original" name), or back to Project Cafe? That would be... uh... weird.
you're forgetting about the jumps from Gameboy to DS, and SNES to N64, and Gamecube to Wii
And when they advertised those consoles they at least showed the console and not just the controller

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
dya know really who cares what its called .. since the day it began i havent cared once over what it was called , zx80 , zx81 , commodore vic20 , commodore 64 , zx spectrum , zx spectrum 128 , BBC micro , Amiga , nes , snes , master system , megadrive , mega CD , playstation 1,2,3(oh how original) xbox , xbox 360 , wii DS , 3ds all these i owned and didnt once care on its name...

i love the wii but it has a seriously wank name ,, but i dont care its amazing still after all this time.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg this is what i wanted i was really mad at the name of the 3DS name and them at the WiIU

but what name ?

Nintendo Ultra ?

Nintendo Beem ?

Nintendo Revolution :O

:S

Unes

Ultra Nintendo entertainment system

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How about, "Who cares what's the name, it's a friggin' console, you should be worried about the launch titles 'n shizz". Wcwtniafcysbwatltns for short. Rolls off the tongue perfectly fine.

Reactions: 1 person

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They should name in Nintendo New Revolution or Nintendo 6. Then they can be ahead of Sony and Microsoft since it would be their sixth major home console released.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
They should name in Nintendo New Revolution or Nintendo 6. Then they can be ahead of Sony and Microsoft since it would be their sixth major home console released.
I really dig that name for some reason, maybe because the number 6 is called ''sex'' here... :tpi:

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Wii

Or the simple and effective: Wii 2

How about the Super Nintendo Wii Entertainment System, the SNWES?

Or... The WiiGii!

ITS-THE-WEEGEE-weegee-14900474-256-256.jpg

dya know really who cares what its called .. since the day it began i havent cared once over what it was called , zx80 , zx81 , commodore vic20 , commodore 64 , zx spectrum , zx spectrum 128 , BBC micro , Amiga , nes , snes , master system , megadrive , mega CD , playstation 1,2,3(oh how original) xbox , xbox 360 , wii DS , 3ds all these i owned and didnt once care on its name...

i love the wii but it has a seriously wank name ,, but i dont care its amazing still after all this time.

People like me care, people who work in retail who have to explain to every single fuckwad and dipshit that walks into the electronics department what the differences between the "DS Lite", the "DSi", the "DSi XL", and the "3DS" are, that the "DS" is super old and has been out of production for years, and explaining to the people that insist "No, my son wanted a DS3, not a 3DS" that no such thing does or ever has existed. Five fucking DS systems that confuse the hell out of every idiot and old person who shouldn't even be driving - everywhere. Sony is just as guilty - I get quite a few people who come in not knowing whether they want games for the PS1, PS2, or PS3, and the PS3 phonetically sounds like the PSP, nobody knows that the PSP Go had terrible community reception and isn't made anymore, "but where do I buy games for it?". Sega was the best with having systems that didn't conflict with one another. They had the Master System, the Genesis, the Game Gear, the Saturn, the Dreamcast. You can't get those confused unless you say "Hmm, I want to buy a Sega".

No disrespect, I do quite like all my Nintendo systems (though I am fairly disappointed with the 3DS), and I really like my PSP that I recently bought, but name the consoles just a -little- different, please?

Sincerely,
disgruntled retail employee.

Reactions: 2 people

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone suggested this for the Wiiu and I thought it was funny:

Platnium Nintendo Entertainment System---> PNES

xD.

anyways It would be nice if the name is changed. But I kind of gotten used to Wiiu name since you can make a police siren out of it "Wiiu WIIU wiiu"

Reactions: 3 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dig that name for some reason, maybe because the number 6 is called ''sex'' here... :tpi:
Nintendo Sex...O_O

If there has to be a name change,Wii Ultra will do just fine. :P

xD.

anyways It would be nice if the name is changed. But I kind of gotten used to Wiiu name since you can make a police siren out of it "Wiiu WIIU wiiu"
guy- Look at my PNES!!!!!

girl- Get ... get away from me you creep.
*Slaps*

guy- But... :(

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

xD.

I was about to suggest "Perfect Nintendo Entertainment System", for the same humorous abbreviation.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should be called

Nintendo Super

And then remake ALL the snes things! Like they did with Donkey Kong Wii and Kirby Wii (yes, the last line is serious, I love those games.)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Personally I think it needs a name change. All my nerd friends thought it was a Wii accessory after last year's E3. I've had to explain to countless people that the 3DS is a new system. That's not good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr