Nintendo considering mergers and buying new game development studios!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Bryon15, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/3...ing-mergers-and-new-game-studio-acquisitions/

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has said to investors that the company is considering future mergers and acquisitions as a move to revitalize the company. We already heard earlier today that Nintendo is looking to expand their character licensing business. It certainly wouldn’t hurt for Nintendo to acquire some new studios. Who would you like to see Nintendo merge with or acquire?

“Nintendo has undergone continuous changes over years, moving from Hanafuda playing cards to video games, and offering newer systems like the Wii. But we’ve been preoccupied with a fixed idea of what a game should be like. The game industry is at a turning point amid new developments like the rise of smartphones.”

“…Mr. Yamauchi (former President Hiroshi Yamauchi) often said “Shitsui-taizen, Tokui-reizen,” meaning that we should act regally when things are bad, and be calm when things are going well.” Were he alive now, he would tell me to carry an air of confidence.”

“We built up cash reserves when earnings were strong. Because the entertainment industry ebbs and flows in wild swings, Mr. Yamauchi insisted it is vital to have deep pockets. Without savings, we could not have recovered from a single failure in game systems. Even now, we can afford many options because of our robust financial standing.”

“We’ll change the way we sell products, by managing customer information via the Internet. We’ll offer discounts to steady, regular customers. We’ll cultivate emerging markets and launch new businesses in health and other areas. In an emerging country, you can expand the user base only after you offer a product line different from advanced economies in pricing.”

“We should abandon old assumptions about our businesses. We are considering M&As [mergers and acquisitions] as an option. For this reason, we’ll step up share buybacks.”

2. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    All I can say to this is f***ing finally! It's about time. I always said nintendo didn't have enough studios. And since third parties are giving them the finger, increasing their in house development teams is just what nintendo needs to pick up the slack. In fact I made a thread about this a few months ago.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/do-you-think-nintendo-needs-more-first-party-developers.358333/

As for mergers, Sega, Capcom, Namco-bandai, would probably be the best bets.

Sterling and WhiteMaze like this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Hope they obtain Capcom, maybe then we'd actually get a good Breath of Fire and Mega Man game :P

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    buy capcom AND konami they'd be unstoppable!

5. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Maybe Comcept?
    Just buy the whole thing. :P

Bladexdsl likes this.
  6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Everyone's suggesting video game companies, and while I can see the logic there, it's silly. You're all silly. Let's get serious.

Nintendo merges with Auntie Annie's Pretzels, becoming Nintendough. Their "Buddy Bowser's Pretzels" kiosks are located in every single mall and sports stadium in the United States. Here, they can promote their consoles and brand while serving delicious pretzel goodness. Families go for the food and leave with a $300 console and a pretzel dog shaped like Wario's mustache. They will have a head start on the competition when it comes to edible consoles; once that becomes a reality, they'll be unstoppable.

I have tasted the future and it is salty with a slight hint of grease.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I like where you're going with this, but if I may intrude... can they buy Haribo instead? I mean, they already have experience with gummies, they might as well stick to what they know... also, I really like gummies. :tpi:

[​IMG]

#GummyBias

8. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

I like gummies too. :( And I loved those. :<

9. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Kinda shocked those actully have the nintendo seal.

Edit: I hate gummies.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Yeah, it's official Nintendo-licensed mercha-- wait... what? You... don't like gummies?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    You're literally the first person I've met who hates gummies. This is a milestone for me. :P

weavile001, Ammako, ferofax and 3 others like this.
  11. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    will you people stop saying gummi! :creep:

12. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Anyone remember this cartoon?

Skelletonike and the_randomizer like this.
  13. championskill

championskill Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    I hope they get the rights and developers to phantom dust and make one for 3ds. Yeah don't mind me i'm just daydreaming. ....

14. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i watched every ep of that and ducktales when i was a kid. my 2 fav toons of all time.

the_randomizer likes this.
  15. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Ducktales was..no, wait, still is awesome :D

Bladexdsl likes this.
  16. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Segtendo
    Nintega

Its happening.
    #WiiCast2014

Foxi4 and EZ-Megaman like this.
  17. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    The way things are going, Haribo will soon be able to buy them.

As for merging with another company... I'm going to say Disney again.

18. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    no disney is EVIL!

the_randomizer likes this.
  19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005

Now that would make for some especially fine whine, probably some good games too.

20. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Really I'm surprised people here don't welcome it so they can, through some convoluted logic, believe that Nintendo will develop all the LucasArts properties and since Nintendo is apparently great at everything then every Star Wars game would be amazing.

Also to stretch this, Nintendo characters would be Disney characters then so Mario in muh Kingdom Hearts.