Nintendo confirms that Gamefreak is actually a low budget indie

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Dartz150, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Dartz150
    OP

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed

It took an amateur student a single day what GF didnt do in four years even when they get billions of monkeys.

Better use your monkey to buy food to you and your cats next November.

Last edited by Dartz150, Jun 28, 2019
  2. grey72

grey72 #72

Jul 5, 2018
    Antarctica
    About Here-ish
    It takes money to have Nintendo's family friendly compliance team go over every single pixel and polygon y'know

Mazamin and NoNAND like this.
  3. leafeon34

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    Despite conclusive evidence that the real reason the Pokemon were cut is profit, not necessity; the silent majority of idiots who dominate the marketplace will buy the game anyway. The Pokemon were more expressive in Pokemon Stadium on the N64.

Dartz150 likes this.
  4. Dartz150
    OP

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    Well, as a pokémon fan (I still love the first 4 gens) I can guarantee you that I wont be buying this Sword Shield shit never ever.

5. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    I suspect the game is going to be rushed, like Sonic 2006.

6. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    This garbage jargon may be in the EOF, but one thing remains true. Game freak is becoming a modern day dev team. Gimmicks upon gimmicks and less content to chew on.

7. leafeon34

leafeon34 Expecto Patronum!

Sep 30, 2014
    United Kingdom
    AzkaBANNED.
    Game Freak knows people wont buy a game that bad, even if it’s a Pokemon game.

8. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    Yeah. There have to be some exceptions for rushed games that are actually good. A good example that I know of is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

9. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    To be faaaaaair, the Pokeymans in the gameplay video are circling their tiles, while that guy's animation covers multiple tiles. It is safe to assume that stepping on a tile with a Wingull above it would trigger a "random" encounter. Having a random bird float around the scenery, no matter how gracefully, would either mean you could chase it to trigger the encounter (which is contrary to current Pokeyman game mechanics), or would not cause an encounter and would just be floating decoratoins - and both options would meet with player ridicule. The Pokemon games (and games in general) already suffer from a divorce of fluff and crunch, all well documented (and ridiculed) in works such as this one:

[​IMG]

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted