Nintendo confirms online play with friends for Super Mario Maker 2

D8zhWZzUYAAtViR.jpg

Contrary to earlier announcements from Nintendo that online multiplayer in the upcoming Super Mario Maker 2 would be limited to random matchmaking, Takashi Tezuka, the producer of the game has stated during a Nintendo Treehouse talk that playing with friends will indeed be an option.

Mr Tezuka confirmed that the ability to play with friends and not just random players will be coming in the form of a future update to the game.

:arrow: Source (Twitter)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cannot wait for this game! To be quite honest, playing online with friends isn't something I personally care about but it's great to know it's coming soon. I have to wonder what else they'll add down the line, it gives me hope for things like extra music tracks and other random things.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It's good to hear that they're planning to fix that issue via an update.
Here's hoping they don't mess it up and end up making it pretty limited for some reason.

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Now please just add the ability to create worlds or to map levels together. Playing totally random levels all the time can get boring. Would be awesome to play a bunch of cohesive levels in sequence, specially with friends...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over