1. Rictor

Rictor GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    i used the network id for create an nintendo account how to login now ? thanks

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

nintendo you disappoint me

3. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    thats one more reason why you NEVER should allow any shop to save your payment details if you have the option to say no.
    Even if you can get the money back you can avoid the whole hassle due it in that way.

4. IceyyColdSnipez

Newcomer

Netherlands
    Sega Does What Nintendon't
    1. Puts Memes in Games
    2. AFAIK does not have a account based platform that is easy hackable
    3. Does not care about Piracy and Fan-games/romhacks as Nintendo does

To Keep it short: I think that the online service from Nintendo isnt the best and there is room for improvement
    Like:
    NO APP FOR Voicechat
    Give the option to disconnect your Nintendo account/ Nintendo Network ID from 3DS/Wii-U/Switch even if you don't have access to the device ANYMORE.

HarvHouHacker likes this.
  5. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    SEGA games are great, however:
    1. They're not in the console business anymore.
    2. Sonic is really the only game series that people know SEGA develops.
    3. SEGA continues to have financial issues.
    Also, the Nintendo Switch Online app for iOS/Android devices allows voice chat. As for the last part, Nintendo figures "Why do they need to?"

But you're right. There is room for improvement, and I think we should leave them feedback on it.

6. King_Mayro

King_Mayro Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Crazy how Nintendo lets it happen and is like, Oops, your data was stolen, Oh well, deal with it.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    in about ONE game and that's it! it's pathetic not even worth downloading. also who wants to use a fucking app to voice chat! NO ONE! when it comes to online and security nintendo are ALWAYS 5 steps behind!

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Apr 26, 2020
  8. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    You can still login with a NNID to 3DS and WiiU. But I am not sure whether the password has been reset. And I personally won´t find out for another year or so (no physical access to it).

9. IceyyColdSnipez

Newcomer

Netherlands
    Yeah I guess we both have a point

HarvHouHacker likes this.
  10. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    You say sega don't care about piracy lol go email them and tel em I luv sonic games I've played every one of them even 06 but I've never paid for any of them - let us kno ther reply

11. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    It looks most likely it was a credential stuffing attack, judging by this update... attackers will have got the username/email and passwords but nothing else. Now NNID login is disabled on Switch it's a case of simply resetting your password.. and of course enabling 2-step verification for those that haven't yet.
    Nintendo will still be investigating this of course, maybe cut them a BIT of slack until they're finished, though I do agree a quick apology statement should've been thrown up already for the affected users, rather than these almost 'serves u right for not having 2-step' comments.

12. IceyyColdSnipez

Newcomer

Netherlands
    That is not what i meant to say.
    I mean when Nintendo sees a Rom or Romsite or something of their IPs, They Almost instantly Dmca that site. While Almost ever rom site that is still in the air (AOTW) Has Almost Every (SEGA) Rom Sill there for download. while the same rom sites don't have Nintendo roms on their Site. Because of Nintendo DMCAing the whole Site Down.

13. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    One game? MK8D, SSBU, ACNH, and Stardew Valley all support it, the only online game that i have that doesn't support it is Tetris 99 (imagine that) and maybe UNO, which I haven't tried.

14. seitanmen

seitanmen Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Users who don't like Nintendo or children who can't buy games have suspicion about Nintendo's security and Nintendo's mistakes. However, according to an official announcement from Nintendo (Japan), the ID password used outside the Nintendo service was leaked. This is bad for users who use their Nintendo Network ID and password in the same combination as other services.

nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2020/0424.html

This did not happen if I used a secure password generator per account. And it's pointless to complain to Nintendo. The user is the reason why the NNID login function is not available.

Nintendo is currently investigating the source of account leakage, but most of the accounts leaked in modern times are due to reuse of ID / password.

15. StuH-62

StuH-62 Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic
    Reminds me of the PS4 network shutdown in 2014

16. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    If I recall correctly, the only reason the Switch was hacked so quickly is because Nvidia fucked up, not Nintendo. I recall the ReSwitch team saying that the Switch securities are actually top notch.

17. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    MrCokeacola likes this.
  18. linkdu69003

linkdu69003 Member
    Newcomer

France
    My account got hacked last month, they spent 130€ of my money in my Nintendo account and used 100 of it to bought some shity vbuck...

fortunately my bank refund me those 130€, but there's still 30€ on my Nintendo account

Should I used those or not ? It's been one month and there still here so I don't know...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, confirms, attempts