Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo Wii: Nintendo President Reiterates No Wii 2 Any Time Soon
Code:
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has reiterated to Japanese journalists that the company has no plans to release a successor to the Nintendo Wii any time soon.

Satoru Iwata’s reasoning behind this decision lies in the fact that the Wii console is still managing to shift an incredible seven million units in the United States each year.ÂÂIn the same interview Satoru Iwata also mentioned the next generation console will only be released once developers have a truly unique idea that will make consumers rush out to purchase it.

Source

If this is posted already pleas ignore this thread
TITLE MIS TYPE SORRY :$ xd

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course Wii 2 is coming, Nintendo won't stop with Wii. All they need is something more
of an improvement to the Wii.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL. Not really news this, its pretty obvious they'll continue the shelf life of the wii. For a start, no other marquees have announced a successor, ninty usually aint the first ones.
Secondly as they say, they are selling shit loads still. If it aint broke don't fix it etc...

I personally think, they will keep the wii name with their next console. Both the other manufacturers have now kept their consoles title for at least 2 gens. The gamecube, nintendo would not want a successor called Gamecube 2, because lets face it, it just didn't do well. It was outsold a long way by ps2 and xbox. The Wii however has had a VERY positive prescence before and after its release and even now, if a typical family decides to get a console, its probably gonna be a wii down to the price point and family orientation.

I personally think, the next nintendo non handheld console will be called the Wii 2 or something along those lines. I reckon Wii will be in it somewhere.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
coolness said:
Code:
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has reiterated to Japanese journalists that the company has no plans to release a successor to the Nintendo Wii any time soon.

Satoru Iwata’s reasoning behind this decision lies in the fact that the Wii console is still managing to shift an incredible seven million units in the United States each year.ÂÂIn the same interview Satoru Iwata also mentioned the next generation console will only be released once developers have a truly unique idea that will make consumers rush out to purchase it.
I'm calling BS on this one. Of course he's gonna say nothing is in the works when in reality they're busy cooking up a new Wii with a built-in 3D holographic projector. They obviously don't want the competition to get even a whiff of their ideas.

Jamio88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
This does not surprise me. With how innovative the Wii is, I can see them being able to keep it alive for quite some time. Though like with all good things, it will ultimately come to an end and then the Wii 2 (or whatever Nintendo will call it) will launch.

I for one just hope that the next gen console is not 3D

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I have said in the GDC thread... if the 3DS doesnt show some kind of compatibillity with the Wii.... 100% sure that Nintendo will release a new home console soon.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
It will most definitely have the word Nintendo in front of it and almost certainly not be called Wii but something completely different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol