Nintendo closes North American repair centers "until further notice" due to coronavirus

vtg-1992-super-mario-metal-sign_1_784d28ec2191130e389c80235aff85e9.jpg
If your JoyCons are drifting and in need of repair, you might need to wait a little longer than usual for a fix from Nintendo. All repair centers for the North American branch have been suspended due to, you guessed it, COVID-19. This applies to any hardware repairs for a Nintendo product, ranging from the Nintendo DS, all the way up to the Nintendo Switch. For those that just sent in their system to be repaired, you'll likely get it back in the coming days, as delivery will be refused and returned back to the recipient. Unfortunately, those already in the process of having their console repaired are going to be forced to wait an undetermined amount of time, as the hardware will be stuck in the repair center awaiting a fix until services resume. European repair offices have not yet closed, though they do note that repairs will likely be slower than usual during the ongoing outbreak.

When do you expect to be able to resume repair service?
Our repair centers will remain closed until further notice in accordance with federal and local guidelines in place due to the COVID-19 coronavirus.

This page will be updated when repair service resumes.

What if I already sent in my existing repair order?
If your repair order is currently in transit to us, it is possible that it will be returned to you as undeliverable.

If the repair center was able to receive the repair order, it will remain there until repair services resume.

If I have an existing repair order that has not been sent, can I still ship it?
No. If you send in your product for repair at this time, it may be returned to you as undeliverable.

Once repair service resumes, can I still use my existing repair order?
Your repair order will remain on our systems for 180 days. Once repair service resumes, you can still use the same repair order within that time.

What if my product’s warranty expires while repair centers are closed? Will I still be able to set up a repair?
If the warranty for a product expires during the closure period, we will honor the warranty for the amount of time our repair centers are closed.

:arrow: Source

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't mind me, I'm just here for the conspiracy theorists.
The joycon drift is actually an illness that joycons were getting, and now it’s spread to humans in the form of coronavirus. Nintendo is trying to get everyone to send in their joycons and close down their centers so they can quarantine and get rid of the infected joycons in secrecy. :ninja:

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The joycon drift is actually an illness that joycons were getting, and now it’s spread to humans in the form of coronavirus. Nintendo is trying to get everyone to send in their joycons and close down their centers so they can quarantine and get rid of the infected joycons in secrecy. :ninja:

I hope they come up with a vaccine for the joycon drift soon before it spreads even further.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just what I needed to hear. Sent my joycons in for repair a week and a half ago to fix drifting issues. Now I’m gonna be waiting weeks/months before I can play on my switch again.

I mean, the least they could have done was ship them back to me even if not repaired :/

Reactions: MarkDarkness

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i don't get why is everyone spelling corona virus name as "coronavirus" ...
afaik its corona and its virus, separated, not coronavirus.. i don't get it.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Just what I needed to hear. Sent my joycons in for repair a week and a half ago to fix drifting issues. Now I’m gonna be waiting weeks/months before I can play on my switch again.

I mean, the least they could have done was ship them back to me even if not repaired :/
if they care they wouldnt make that be an issue in the first place let alone this.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*Alex Jones voice*

"Meanwhile, the cure is this special toothpaste I sell at my site! What? I got a DWI violation? That's just fake news that the psychic vampires are telling to discredit me!"

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Only the Jaguar could run something so advanced! lol