Nintendo claims that their full Fall 2018 lineup hasn't been revealed yet

nintendo-kimishima-president.png

During Nintendo's shareholder's meeting, where Kimishima stepped down, and a new president of Nintendo was appointed, the former CEO of Nintendo was questioned about the future of the company. Investors were concerned over Nintendo's sudden stock dive after their E3 2018 conference, and questioned if that was all they had in store for their customers. Kimishima responded by stating that Nintendo's full games lineup hadn't been revealed at E3, and that multiple games are scheduled for release during the "year-end shopping battle holiday season". He assured stockholders that now isn't the time to show off those games, and that Nintendo still has surprises ready, and a "strong" Autumn release scheduled planned for the Nintendo Switch.

:arrow: Source

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't even my final form!
upload_2018-7-4_7-28-28.jpeg

Being real though, this is not shocking at all. Nintendo does Nintendo Directs. At LEAST one in the first part of the year, one in the middle, and one in the end. Not to mention that they do sometimes bring the real heavy hitting hype. Looking forward too more games.

Last edited by FierceDeityLinkMask,
Reactions: tomGER

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet the classic completion on the switch will officially get revealed as, Nintendo Entertainment Systems Collection, NES Collection for short.

Willing to bet it is 20 games from each system to start. So they aren’t technically lying to us and the share holders.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does this mean I am going to have to hear about the Switch failing because of lack of PR like I did for the Wii U?
You do know that Nintendo used to be top dog and nr1 and that one good Decision doesn't make up For all the bad choices they made like fan mods, remakes, projects, youtube policies, how they treat reviewers, not listen to fans and on and on and on

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being real though, this is not shocking at all. Nintendo does Nintendo Directs. At LEAST one in the first part of the year, one in the middle, and one in the end. Not to mention that they do sometimes bring the real heavy hitting hype. Looking forward too more games.

Now I have seen a fair few directs, or at least the results of them. Impressive tends not to be a label people use for them, give or take "impressively underwhelming".

You do know that Nintendo used to be top dog and nr1 and that one good Decision doesn't make up For all the bad choices they made like fan mods, remakes, projects, youtube policies, how they treat reviewers, not listen to fans and on and on and on
I am old enough to remember the 8 and 16 bit era (so the better part of two and a half decades ago), and handhelds up to the DS. Not entirely sure what relevance it has to anything we were discussing though. When people tell me about the Wii u PR being responsible for its failure I tend to laugh at them, and many of the Wii U failings I see repeated on the Switch (though I suppose there is at least a tiny bit of appeal in the Switch hardware) and certainly its software library (upcoming and existing) does not inspire confidence.

Equally as far as listening to Nintendo fans then... I guess I would sooner listen to them than megaman fans but it would be a close call.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now I have seen a fair few directs, or at least the results of them. Impressive tends not to be a label people use for them, give or take "impressively underwhelming".
It has evertthing to do with what i said. Nintendo did not anyone anything major at E3 and said themselves that when they choose to anounce stuff that it Will be a more important time and i called themselves ignorant because of that and then i got quoted that the switch is a succes so they aren't. So evertthing i said has to do with the post

I am old enough to remember the 8 and 16 bit era (so the better part of two and a half decades ago), and handhelds up to the DS. Not entirely sure what relevance it has to anything we were discussing though. When people tell me about the Wii u PR being responsible for its failure I tend to laugh at them, and many of the Wii U failings I see repeated on the Switch (though I suppose there is at least a tiny bit of appeal in the Switch hardware) and certainly its software library (upcoming and existing) does not inspire confidence.

Equally as far as listening to Nintendo fans then... I guess I would sooner listen to them than megaman fans but it would be a close call.
Evertthing i said has to do with the post. I called Nintendo ignorant because they are acting like E3 isn't important. Then i got quoted that the switch i a succes where i responder to that 1 good choice doesn't make up For all the bad mistakes they made. So evertthing i said has to do with the post

Last edited by kumikochan,

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Being real though, this is not shocking at all. Nintendo does Nintendo Directs. At LEAST one in the first part of the year, one in the middle, and one in the end. Not to mention that they do SOMETIMES bring the real heavy hitting hype."

I feel like some people just flat out see what they want to see.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case
*cough*
Bullshit.

Else it is code for "we have a few tarted up phone games that few will care for".
You forget that they traditionally do Directs outside of convention dates and have actually revealed games via Direct before (Smash Ultimate being the most recent example)

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end