Nintendo claims that it has "nothing new to announce" in regards to first-party 3DS games

browser-overlay.png

The end might just be nigh for the little handheld. Around this time last year, Nintendo promised investors that they would continue to support the Nintendo 3DS, with ports such as Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, Mario & Luig: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser JR's Journey, and Luigi's Mansion, alongside a new game in the form of WarioWare Gold. Now that fiscal year 2018 has come and gone, it's time to look towards the future; one that doesn't seem to focus the the small system. In the latest investor briefing, the only mention of the 3DS was comparing the Nintendo Switch to its sales numbers.

Company analysts forecast that around 1 million systems will still be shifted throughout 2019, though there is no word on any further first party releases. If you still haven't upgraded to the Nintendo Switch, you'll still have an upcoming title at least, in the form of Atlus' Persona Q2. Currently, over 75 million 3DS systems have been sold, with 378 million games for it, in the eight years that it's been on the market.

:arrow: Source

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sic transit gloria. I have enormous stacks of legitimately-purchased 3DS games at this point that I never got around to playing; I can't get too upset about an announcement like this.

I guess there's no chance that Monster Tale Ultimate is going to emerge from its development hell.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it surprising really?

Nintendo has always done this, a new console / handheld came out and the previous thing is dead.
This is not sony that actually keeps their word when they say they support a platform after a new release.
What on earth are you on about pretty much every system gets no new games after it has been out for 5 or so years the 3ds is now over 8 years old and has had support for two years after the Switch came out. I can only think of only one other system that has had first party support for that long.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

RPG_FAN128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though I may have more DS games than 3DS games I would have to say that I like the 3DS library more. Of course to each their own, but I find it odd that the DS actually sold more than the 3DS did lifetime.

Still, I can't believe it has been 8 years. I remember the 3DS' rocky start, and look how making smart business decisions helped to turn things around. But I'm still not opening my switch until June. (Mario Maker 2!)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if third party Japanese indie developers will support it just like they did for the Vita.
I dont thing anyone is supporting it anymore look at the release schedule for the next year.
1 game in Japan and one for Euro/North America
Screenshot_20190427_145447.jpg

Reactions: Disco

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
good it should have died years ago when the switch was 1st released. the switch IS it's replacement. maybe now we'll get more games on the switch instead of this fucking thing stealing them (metroid)
you do realise that metroid samus returns was made on an engine tailor made for the 3DS right? you cant just port that shit over just like that, for the PS3/360 versions of mirror of fate they had to get a different company to help them with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn