Hacking Nintendo Channel tonight

Mizuti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, Nintendo Channel for us PAL users is out midnight tonight.
But, Ive heard a lot of this and that about it, but it all really boils down to this:
Can you use this Channel with wads (VC games, WiiWare games etc) and chips installed in your Wii? Or is this NOT recommended or safe at all?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
It's something like that:

If you want to donwnload DS demos, read some crap about Nintendo and watch trailers, waste 123 memory blocks on next channel, and you take the risk, go ahead. I think I will wait with Nintendo Channel. I have only 465 blocks now
frown.gif
, and
hate2.gif

And maybe tommorow will be out there SUPERMEGAJESUSULTRAISORECOMBABINONATOR
tongue.gif
Channel that will do that Wii prints money, and you will not want to remove Nchannel but have it (SUPERMEGAJESUSULTRAISORECOMBABINONATOR)

Risk is Nintendo can look what you're doing. So, I will not donload it, unless someone will tell that Nchannel is 99.9% safe.
wink.gif

OR I will download it and have it as next Software-wii-like channel in menu. But don't using it.
tongue.gif
(stupid, huh?)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude, that made no sense at all. And you can download it if you want, though now you mention it, it might be worth waiting to see whether it's okay to download. I doubt it will be harmful in any way though, if Nintendo were going to stop the channels they'd do it in an important update, and they'd probably release it worldwide simultaneously.
Personally, I doubt I'll bother downloading it. I have absolutely no use for it.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, It's useless. I have DS with flashcard and an DS demos are...um...pointless. Also I don't care about crap about that some Japanese guy is blowing his nose. It's blockwaster.

And yes, I know that Nintendo isn't doing anything. They have released IOS37. There is only activation. When? Brawl is out. Wiifit is out. There's only one: PAL Brawl. Sssccaaaryyy. Freeloader+patch and I don't care. Maybe Nintendo forget how to activate this cursed IOS?
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Yes, It's useless. I have DS with flashcard and an DS demos are...um...pointless. Also I don't care about crap about that some Japanese guy is blowing his nose. It's blockwaster.

And yes, I know that Nintendo isn't doing anything. They have released IOS37. There is only activation. When? Brawl is out. Wiifit is out. There's only one: PAL Brawl. Sssccaaaryyy. Freeloader+patch and I don't care. Maybe Nintendo forget how to activate this cursed IOS?
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
IOS37 Is BS.

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty simple. If you're paranoid and have a guilty conscience about hacking your Wii, don't do it.

And stop posting garbage like this. We're not here to reassure your doubts about piracy or whatever else.

smoger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to point out the fact that nintendo doesnt collect information on the nintendo channel UNLESS you opt in to that.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SmileMan said:
Nintendo can't collect information about our console with only an access in a channel is violate the privacy.
Exactly, for this reason (if I remember correctly) the first time you launch the channel they ask you to take survey data from your Wii to help Nintendo with customers' choices. If you give them your consensus, then it's not illegal for them anymore
laugh.gif

If you say no, you should be fine
smile.gif

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
skawo96 said:
It's something like that:

If you want to donwnload DS demos, read some crap about Nintendo and watch trailers, waste 123 memory blocks on next channel, and you take the risk, go ahead. I think I will wait with Nintendo Channel. I have only 465 blocks now
frown.gif
, and
hate2.gif
Actually it's like 240 blocks (because of the huge save).

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, let me tell you that there's no point in downloading this channel, whether or not you have worries.

Basically, the channel is a big fat commercial for Nintendo, and it runs like crap anyways. As for the DS Demos (the one thing you HAVE to opt-in to get), they suck.

There's no point in getting this. Save your space for something more important...like more Virtual Console games.

Kokorazashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really have no use for the NChannel anyways. I heard some guy got his Wi-Fi access banned after using the NChannel. I don't know exactly what the cause was, but apparently it was because he had WAD Installed VC games and Nintendo read his channels and found pirated games or something. Then again, they could scan your channels and find the WAD Installer/Unistaller which wouldn't be good news for someone like me or someone else who uses the channels.

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop spreading false rumors like this. No bannings have happened yet. This guy you heard about was probably trying to get his wifi from a 56K modem or something.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kokorazashi said:
I really have no use for the NChannel anyways. I heard some guy got his Wi-Fi access banned after using the NChannel. I don't know exactly what the cause was, but apparently it was because he had WAD Installed VC games and Nintendo read his channels and found pirated games or something. Then again, they could scan your channels and find the WAD Installer/Unistaller which wouldn't be good news for someone like me or someone else who uses the channels.

Don't scare monger ...

If you are gonna tell tales, then have facts to support those tales ...

Your hearsay is not fact ... and certainly not fact enough to start trying to worry people ...

ihatexams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am going to check out this Nintendo Channels with my WADs installed to prove how wrong you guys are about worrying about Nintendo on clamping down on piracy!

Todol do

Edit; Where the hell can I find this channel, I just checked the Shop and nothing new there.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ihatexams said:
Am going to check out this Nintendo Channels with my WADs installed to prove how wrong you guys are about worrying about Nintendo on clamping down on piracy!

Todol do

Edit; Where the hell can I find this channel, I just checked the Shop and nothing new there.

I've already proved it. Used it, opt'd in to everything. Still not banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: