Hacking Nintendo Channel - Details of Information Sent to Nintendo

Hardcore Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...intendoInfo.jsp

Channel installation status

The number of channels installed and the version of the channel(s) included at first will be sent.

Which games were played. Amount of time played, number of times played. Maximum play time info sent will be 6 hrs per day, maximum number of times played will be once per day. (This is for Wii software, channels, Virtual Console, and Wii Ware). History of messages sent via the Wii Message Board will not be sent.

QUOTE said:
In order to provide our customers with game recommendations and improved future services, we are asking our customers to share certain non-personal information with us about their game play and Wii console use. Please note that if you choose to share your non-personal information with Nintendo, all of the information you submit through the Nintendo Channel will be non-identifiable and anonymous unless you have linked your Wii account to your My Nintendo account.

Anonymous information about your game play data and Wii console use will only be provided to Nintendo if you agree to the terms and conditions stated under the "Data-Sharing Settings" which can be found under the Nintendo Channel Settings. If you agree to share your non-personal information, it will be automatically sent to Nintendo each time you start up the Nintendo Channel.

If you choose to share your non-personal information with Nintendo through the Nintendo Channel, Nintendo will automatically collect the following two categories of information: a summary of your play history ("Today's Accomplishments") and your Wii console settings ("Wii Console Settings"). Please see the chart below for a detailed list and description of the non-personal information Nintendo will automatically collect with your consent. In addition to the data listed below, you may also anonymously share with Nintendo your opinions regarding various games by manually entering and submitting responses to questions posed by Nintendo. This anonymous data is referred to as the "Everyone's Recommendations" data.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The number of channels installed and the version of the channel(s) included at first will be sent.

That's if you agree to data-sharing.
Isn't it our perogative whether we allow it?
They fail to mention if the channel becomes pointless if you choose not to share stuff....

boobooman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wont be sending anything too them
tongue.gif

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The "Which games were played" part bothers me. Technically, I shouldn't have played SSBB for example, because it's not out in Germany yet. Since it's not even available in PAL, it wouldn't be too hard for Ninty to figure out that my Wii is chipped. Even more so if I've been playing a game that Datel's Freeloader doesn't support (there's a few AFAIK).
I've refrained from installing WADs because I figured that it would be too easy for Nintendo to detect, but this latest development has me worried.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I doubt that they'll go raiding random people just because they play brawl in europe for example or they've installed WADs. I'm also pretty sure that they can't really ban anyone from internets. But well who knows.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Already sent them my stuff
tongue.gif

Just in case, I'll try not to play anything before the release date.. now, for games that are already out, I don't think they have a way to know if it is original or a copy.

And that's actually a good idea from Nintendo, this could help them to collect data and check what games are people playing the most, how many blocks everyone is using and use this data for new products and stuff..

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think they'd come to raid my place. But I suppose they could ban my Wii from all things internety. Remember, your Wii does have a unique ID and I suppose internet connections run through Nintendo servers, at least for games, WiiWare and so on. Maybe they could even brick your Wii on purpose by "accidentally" sending a "faulty" update to every Wii that had its ID tied to illicit uses.

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this sending info to nintendo a option? Like can you have it off, then turn it on just to get a ds game, then turn it back off? Or is it something they just ask once, and what you chose is it?

Tio BOB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People are saying that in order to download DS demos you must accept this send-info "option". So, it's kinda necessary if you want to use the NChannel in its totality.

Since every Wii has its own ID, I'm afraid Nintendo might use these info to block access to WFC.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Already sent them my info, despite having played homebrew and out-of-region WiiWare titles as well as foreign discs. How screwed am I?
Worst they'll do is ban, I'm sure.

shred6waves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ssj4android said:
Already sent them my info, despite having played homebrew and out-of-region WiiWare titles as well as foreign discs. How screwed am I?
Worst they'll do is ban, I'm sure.

me too. i have played back-up virtual console games, i have the homebrew channel on my wii, and i tried out-of-region wiiware... no foriegn discs for me though =\

im curious as well...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
From the link in the OP:
QUOTE said:
Please note that if you choose to share your non-personal information with Nintendo, all of the information you submit through the Nintendo Channel will be non-identifiable and anonymous unless you have linked your Wii account to your My Nintendo account.
Read the link before freaking out folks.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo