Hacking [Nintendo] Can Nintendo try to "brick" my Wii in anyway?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently managed to stop a "mandatory" online update Nintendo provided me on my Wii. Basically this is the "4.4 Update" which completely does not allow your Wii to be moded. if Nintendo manages to find your Wii wirelessly, and it has a lot, or some modifications.

Lucky for me I figured out how to block disc updates, and online updates for the Wii so I stop getting the issue.

So before I freak out about anything else. Is there anymore information I need to know before continuing modding? This is related to Nintendo possibly trying to brick my Wii, or stop it from being modded.

Edit: If you port your Wii to a Riivolution Server. It will ask you to update the Wii for a system menu update. DO NOT ACCEPT.

Last edited by petethepug,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought everybody could hack 4.4 as it's the latest Wii version. Wii online services are gone too and only the Wii shop channel remains. Nintendo won't brick your console, I'm pretty sure they can't at all, as they have no way of proving you're hacking in games or something.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought everybody could hack 4.4 as it's the latest Wii version. Wii online services are gone too and only the Wii shop channel remains. Nintendo won't brick your console, I'm pretty sure they can't at all, as they have no way of proving you're hacking in games or something.

My bad" it is possible with other exploits. (Such as IndianaPwns) but they are extremely dangerous.

The only way I know they could tell was becuase I had a mandatory disk update pop up... It would seem impossible for this to occur, unless my Internet was enabled or something (Which it was.)

By bricked I had meant the remove of modifications could be really dangerous, and if you update the disk loader there is no going back...

The reason I asked was just to make sure. I was really bummed when I saw the update lol. Thanks,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you seeing a 4.4 system menu update? 4.3 is the last one for the Wii and it was in 2010.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's on the disc channel. It was the last one for the Wii that completely renders your Wii useless to Homebrew if you update it.
The same happens to me, there isn't a 4.4 update, it is just the disc thinking you are in lower firm because the mods. Use priiloader (if you are in wii, not for wii u) to block them.
If you update, it will remove cios, hb channel, but still 4.3

Last edited by PabloMK7,

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same happens to me, there isn't a 4.4 update, it is just the disc thinking you are in lower firm because the mods. Use priiloader (if you are in wii, not for wii u) to block them.

Well the topics already been resolved, and I was just wondering if Nintendo can potentially stop you from playing Homebrew completely in the future. Apparently not :P (get rekt Nintendo)

VIA future updates, disc, or installments needed.

And yeah I got a little confused with the menu update thinking it was a part of a new update (4.3U in this case.)

I guess while I am at it, I will probably ask if TrechaBug may be possible to install, and protect my Wii.

Main question answered here;

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
+1 there isn't any update past 4.3 I know this since I bought a Wii about 1 week from now modded it and it was on 3.4E FW online updated it to latest via Nintendo straight to 4.3E then used letterbomb to mod it without issues so who ever says there is a 4.4 update needs to do research on official FW releases

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back