Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My stages through reading this thread:

>Read title

HOLY SHIT MAYBE WE CAN GET LIKE AVATAR TO GO? I'll be honest, it'd be pretty fucking sweet if we could watch 3D movies in 3D without a 3D TV or going to a movie theater, even if it is on the 3DS.

> "Nintendo begins selling video content via 3DS this week with the launch of animated short The 3D Machine."

Well fuck, so much for that.

I don't see why anyone would pay basically a $1 for a 7 minute short. I can go onto Youtube and watch a 7 minute video for free. Even if it is in THREEE DEEE, I don't see the point. You can buy Angry Birds for $1 and it'll last you longer than a 7 minute short.
Well, for now it's just the 3DS vids that were released on the video app, however it could also mean (if Nintendo could be arsed to) that movies could also be purchased for it, I mean... the 3DS has a pretty small screen so even with 3D, normal vids wouldn't be over 1GB or so...
I um "got" Mission Impossible 2 the other day and it was about 3GB, not 3D or even HD.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

>Read title

HOLY SHIT MAYBE WE CAN GET LIKE AVATAR TO GO? I'll be honest, it'd be pretty fucking sweet if we could watch 3D movies in 3D without a 3D TV or going to a movie theater, even if it is on the 3DS.

> "Nintendo begins selling video content via 3DS this week with the launch of animated short The 3D Machine."

I don't see why anyone would pay basically a $1 for a 7 minute short. I can go onto Youtube and watch a 7 minute video for free. Even if it is in THREEE DEEE, I don't see the point. You can buy Angry Birds for $1 and it'll last you longer than a 7 minute short.
Well, for now it's just the 3DS vids that were released on the video app, however it could also mean (if Nintendo could be arsed to) that movies could also be purchased for it, I mean... the 3DS has a pretty small screen so even with 3D, normal vids wouldn't be over 1GB or so...
I um "got" Mission Impossible 2 the other day and it was about 3GB, not 3D or even HD.
As a normal video or for a console like the 3DS?
I mean.. The 3DS has a small resolution, so I think the size of the files would be relatively smaller.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

>Read title

I mean.. The 3DS has a small resolution, so I think the size of the files would be relatively smaller.
On my PC. It was an avi file.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have Avatar 3D on my 3DS already. It really is awesome. you dont have to pay though.
or wait.
3D movies are pretty huge dude. even at 3DS resolution and low quality audio avatar is 4.2GB. If you got the 3D glasses blu ray then there is apparently a file on every 3D movie that works on 3ds if you rename it. aaa_1111 (you need to rename it anyway)
I also have immortals and smurfs all in glorious 3D.

ps smurfs sux and immortals is pretty cool.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

>Read title

Then it's not the same, I mean, for example, bluray vids, they're extremely big but the quality is better even on larger tv's where you would see a decrease in quality otherwise, the 3DS has a better screen than the DS and is 3D, so basically it's like if it had to watch two vids at the same time because of dif layers, but even so the resolution is much smaller, for a small screen like the 3DS one, you should be able to get a good quality vid for a much smaller size than that of a normal video you'd watch on the computer.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country

>Read title

Then it's not the same, I mean, for example, bluray vids, they're extremely big but the quality is better even on larger tv's where you would see a decrease in quality otherwise, the 3DS has a better screen than the DS and is 3D, so basically it's like if it had to watch two vids at the same time because of dif layers, but even so the resolution is much smaller, for a small screen like the 3DS one, you should be able to get a good quality vid for a much smaller size than that of a normal video you'd watch on the computer.

*see my above post.

ps smurfs is smallest at 1.8GB no glasses 3D

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
*see my above post.

And were they already specifically for the 3DS or did you just convert them? =S

converted a few myself, downloaded a few already converted ones too. they look great on the small screen. the 3D effect is very deep and easy on the eyes. I'm addicted. you can also use the 3DS to take screenshots and play with speed settings, fast forward, and it has insta skip!!!!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
*see my above post.

And were they already specifically for the 3DS or did you just convert them? =S

converted a few myself, downloaded a few already converted ones too. they look great on the small screen. the 3D effect is very deep and easy on the eyes. I'm addicted. you can also use the 3DS to take screenshots and play with speed settings, fast forward, and it has insta skip!!!!
Hmk, well, what I meant is that if Nintendo officially releases them, they might be made specifically for it, hence won't be that big.. Dunno...
And I didn't know you could watch movies on the 3DS, besides using that tool posted here in the forums, but those have a 10 minute limit. >.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've got Interstella 5555 and The Muppets at the moment and they're between 600-700MB. It's most likely a HD copy.

Also, as I was guessing, 3D movies are rather large, I doubt they'll be coming to Netflix unless they really improve their streaming capabilities. They're impressive and rather fast, yes, but for such large movies? I don't know if it'll work well.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are aware you don't have to buy this right?
no shit. doesn't change the fact that this is a rip-off and still not the 3D movies we were promised.
Its not really a rip-off for a buck now is it? I mean thats like saying you bought angry birds on iOS for a buck when Android has it free, and I fail to see how this is THAT big of a deal or how this really relates in anyway to the 3D movies they promised us. Plus this is like 8 months late. They were selling the shrek videos at halloween so its not like they JUST started.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not really a rip-off for a buck now is it? I mean thats like saying you bought angry birds on iOS for a buck when Android has it free, and I fail to see how this is THAT big of a deal or how this really relates in anyway to the 3D movies they promised us. Plus this is like 8 months late. They were selling the shrek videos at halloween so its not like they JUST started.

Um, the difference is that they're on different consoles, technically. Some people don't have an issue with paying $40 nowadays for Rayman Origins when it's at least $10 cheaper on other consoles. I got my copy for $20 and the Vita version is still at $40 and the 3DS version is launching at $30. Again, different platforms. Not every iOS user is willing to spend all this money for an Android device for a free copy of Angry Birds.

Plus I don't even see the whole "Angry Birds is free on another device" thing as a valid argument. The difference here is that the content now being sold was free at one point on the same console and advertised as "free". Now there's a price tag on it.

And at least Angry Birds can last you a good couple of hours. Even for Veho's MP3 comparison, odds are if you buy a song, you'll listen to it quite a few times. You'll probably get your money's worth. Here, the odds of you ever watching an average looking 7 minute short again is really slim. I'd be surprised if I had the determination to sit through it once. I get bored watching lame 5 minute Youtube videos.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Um, the difference is that they're on different consoles, technically. Some people don't have an issue with paying $40 nowadays for Rayman Origins when it's at least $10 cheaper on other consoles. I got my copy for $20 and the Vita version is still at $40 and the 3DS version is launching at $30. Again, different platforms. Not every iOS user is willing to spend all this money for an Android device for a free copy of Angry Birds. Plus I don't even see the whole "Angry Birds is free on another device" thing as a valid argument.

It is too, if I only own a 3DS and have no access to youtube or any other video service and I liked this short but I would rather spend a buck to watch the video again then buy a PC or smartphone to watch it free, then its just like me owning an iPod Touch and not wanting to spend money for a android phone just to play angry birds.

The difference here is that the content now being sold was free at one point on the same console and advertised as "free". Now there's a price tag on it.

Because this hasnt happened on many other consoles and devices before now has it? Its a video that was shown for a brief period of time on a video service, many people liked this video and would indeed buy it for a buck. Think of it as one of those Open Demos, where its like the whole game but it gives you like two plays, this is in a way the same thing.

And at least Angry Birds can last you a good couple of hours.

If it takes you more then 30 minutes to burn through that game without going for 3 Stars on each somethings wrong with you.

Even for Veho's MP3 comparison, odds are if you buy a song, you'll listen to it quite a few times. You'll probably get your money's worth. Here, the odds of you ever watching an average looking 7 minute short again is really slim.

Hmm, so I can listen to a 3 minute song a few times yet thats less likely then me watching a 7 minute video more then once? Yeah that makes perfect sense.

I'd be surprised if I had the determination to sit through it once. I get bored watching lame 5 minute Youtube videos.

Well, why are you watching the 5 minute Youtube videos if its boring you? Just watch something you find funny or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌