tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=25961

This is what you get for reading sensationalist publications like "Kotaku" and "The New York Times".
Well maxconsole isnt top of the bill either now is it?
tongue.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that less flack is given to a game where you pilot the Enola Gay...which kills hundreds of thousands in a second the day it drops the first atomic bomb over Hiroshima. How? Do? People? Think?

kaktus.ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a nice game.

The story reminds me some what of the one in the movie Pan's Labyrinth (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/), but... yeah, well... almost.
tongue.gif

Anyway, I really hope those who banned it tried it first... pretty stupid to ban a game before even giving it a chance.

Oh well... if it's released, I'll try it. One way or another.
wink.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, sounds provocative. Never heard of the game before this, but so long as it's not some pro-Nazi thing and informs, rather, about the Holocaust, I'd love to see it supported by Nintendo. From the sounds of it, it looks to be a very deep expression, something we don't really see on the DS.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't suprised when I saw this. The game looked pretty retarded in the first place, and no way Nintendo would ever give the Ok on a game so poorly made. Setting the quality of the game aside, the content in which the game held is obviously controversial, so having it left off the shelves is a smarter decision than even trying to sell it.

Relive the days of the Holocaust for 29.99! If you are not morally offended and disgusted, your money back!

irpacynot said:
Wow, sounds provocative. Never heard of the game before this, but so long as it's not some pro-Nazi thing and informs, rather, about the Holocaust, I'd love to see it supported by Nintendo. From the sounds of it, it looks to be a very deep expression, something we don't really see on the DS.
Where do you live in Georgia, irpacynot?

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
I wasn't suprised when I saw this. The game looked pretty retarded in the first place, and no way Nintendo would ever give the Ok on a game so poorly made. Setting the quality of the game aside, the content in which the game held is obviously controversial, so having it left off the shelves is a smarter decision than even trying to sell it.

Relive the days of the Holocaust for 29.99! If you are not morally offended and disgusted, your money back!

irpacynot said:
Where do you live in Georgia, irpacynot?

I'm glad you know the game is poorly made when it's not even done yet. NOA let shit like Tenchu DS through for crap's sake. If you actually read through the guys stuff, you'll easily see that it's not "OMG HOLOCAUST OLOLOL" The title fits nicely with the theme this guys is trying to get across. It reminds me of that movie that one guy was talking about earlier (The one where the father pretends it's not happening and makes almost a joke of it to spare his son), except that in this case it's the child themself who's sparing him through his imagination.

That said, if this game gets released I see one of two things happening.
1. It's completely ignored by everyone
2. It becomes the new centerpiece of the games as art debate when some mainstream news site (Non gaming) pick it up and do a write up on it.

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why on earth would Americans have to be saved of a game like this while it's fine to be released in Europe? I don't know if people actually remember WWII but I thought it was in bloody Europe. Not in the States. The level of stupidity of this baffles me.

It does not seem tasteless..and hell, even it was, tastelessness is not a reason to not publish a game unless it's actually doing something that is against the law.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol apparently it might not even make it to the DS but maybe Wiiware!

I reckon Nintendo haven't heard about it before this "news" was announced and cnet news are just stirring shit up again..

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dio said:
DS isn't a kiddie console, DS doesn't stand for dual/double screen, bad article etc.
Actually it does:
WikipediaThe console's name officially refers to "Developers' System", in reference to the new game design the system was meant to inspire, and "Dual Screen", the system's most obvious and distinct feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.