Hacking Nintendo Badge Arcade on Unlinked Emunand Possible??

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily. If you follow the instructions you shouldn't even need to do anything in sysnand :P
https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-updating-o3ds-gw-emunand-from-10-1-to-10-3.403486/#post-5817059

Great info! In regard to this step:

In newly formatted emunand, go back to system settings, go in NNID settings, and re-link your NNID

Can you re-link an NNID if your emuNAND's FW isn't the latest? I know if you try to enter the NNID settings in the sysNAND it will say that alterations cant be made until you've had a system update.

D

Deleted-236924

You can't, unless you installed the latest NVer so that your emunand now says 9.5.0-28, and then run NNID settings through HANS (I think there might be another way to do this, but this is the method I know of.)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a big headache for little payoff, especially since I have like 80GBs of data in my Nintendo 3DS folder, which is just a time suck to backup and restore. Eventually I may get around to it, but for now, its just too much of a hassle.

D

Deleted-236924

When you perform a system restore, it only resets the contents of that nand's folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder, yeah?
You could probably just get your emunand's folder and cut/paste that elsewhere on your SD card (that operation should be pretty fast), or you can edit the name of the folder and add a few random 00000s at the end (as long as you don't lose the original folder's name.)
Then afterwards, when you need to restore it, you only have to cut/paste the folder again, or remove the extra characters you added at the end of the folder name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE