Nintendo Australia fears influx of letters

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Cermage, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010
  1. Cermage
    OP

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    source : http://www.news.com.au/technology/nintendo...0-1225870993284

only natural, of course everyone else would want in on the action

2. iYoshi-

Member iYoshi- GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have a cold... WII PLZ

3. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    I'm bored GIMMIE THE 3DS !!!!!!
    [​IMG]

go aus

4. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    It was a nice move, and frankly, Ninty is always known for excellent service, disregarding of course that terrible phone line you had to pay for to get game hints back in the day.

I'm glad they did this for her (although there are more needy people), and I really do hope that they don't get bugged too much anymore. More bugging means a lockdown on giveaways.

5. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Oh believe me I wouldnt write into Ninty Aussie for free shit, id rather sned in letters asking why the fuck Super Mario Galaxy 2 wopnt be out for another month and how we have to wait 2+ months for No More Heroes 2

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    cos were being punished for pirating... [​IMG]
    hey i'm gonna make up some bs sob story and write to them so i can score a free 3ds when it's out [​IMG]

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i am broke... can u give me an R4
    thats kind of nintendo to do something like tht and it goes to show nintendo is for kids and sony for older ones (mainly that is)

8. frogmyster3

Member frogmyster3 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    "Hi Nintendo of Australia, I may have accidentally leaked a game onto the internet and the company behind that game sued me. I don't suppose you could give me a few million dollars to pay it back."

Nice to see one branch of Nintendo replies. I've written to Nintendo of Europe several times and still not one reply.

9. heavyknight

Member heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ....so all she wrote was "I WANT A DS, CAN I HAVE ONE?" and they simply gave it to her?
    In that case, I have a semi-dead left testicle, can I have a DS?

Are they expecting to not have gotten letters? They pretty much gave it to a girl who said she wanted one but her parents said no. What if she was a spoiled brat, etc, etc. Unless they called her family. It's kind of like undermining a parent's authority.

Besides, 'those many reasons'? Those weren't exactly reasons..all it was..well..was parents saying no, a typical case of no. It was kind of like she was sucking up to Nintendo for a DS, but without the ass kissing.

Also - "Thank you for your letter — we were very impressed. I really hope you and your classmates enjoy playing the DS," wrote a Nintendo staff member.
    "Nintendo does not routinely give away products in response to letters. From time to time, we may donate product to schools, hospitals or retirement villages,"
    "Nintendo gives school DS after letter "
    Does the DS belong to her, or her class? And, is Nintendo that easily impressed? Maybe that explains all the shovelware. [​IMG] Low standards..

Also reading the letter..she got a Wii for her birthday...of course her parents wouldn't shell out more dough for a DS until some time passes. And did her letter receive a C grade? A bit spoiled imo..

Edit note - this reminds me of some 6 year old getting free Sonic X stuff because he wanted to change his name to Sonic X. Sent a letter to a mayor which led to ..I forgot, SEGA? Some company related to it...and ended up with stuff. I wonder if that kid knew X wasn't part of Sonic's name.