smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Am I the only one who thinks the Wii U was fucking great and one of the most, positively revolutionary things I've ever seen?

I mean, seriously, I have no idea, at all why people hate this console so much. :unsure:

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who thinks the Wii U was fucking great and one of the most, positively revolutionary things I've ever seen?

I mean, seriously, I have no idea, at all why people hate this console so much. :unsure:

It was / is a great console, but sadly it didn't receive the support it needed and Ninty scrimped on the IPs. We're only now getting a Wii U Zelda, we never got a Metroid... the list goes on. But I don't regret buying mine for a minute.

Reactions: puss2puss

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Virtual Boy is better hands down.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate playing on a pc, it isnt confortable.
That's not true, even if you don't have a comfy desk and chair, you can grab a remote controller and play on the big screen. And then you ask, why not just get a console? Well that brings me back to that point I didn't explain In my previous reply, you don't have to argue about power because it's all one platform, and you choose how much power you have, so a PC can potentially do so much more, even away from a desk.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true, even if you don't have a comfy desk and chair, you can grab a remote controller and play on the big screen. And then you ask, why not just get a console? Well that brings me back to that point I didn't explain In my previous reply, you don't have to argue about power because it's all one platform, and you choose how much power you have, so a PC can potentially do so much more, even away from a desk.
I know, but still. Too much to set up to simply play a few titles, at least for me. And high end pc for gaming are so damn expensive here. So no, thanks.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but still. Too much to set up to simply play a few titles, at least for me. And high end pc for gaming are so damn expensive here. So no, thanks.
I built a great pc for someone else for $600 that is way better than the ps4 or xbox one. The one I use is 1000, and is better than a ps4 and Xbox one as well, but it's a pre-built, had I built it myself I couldve gotten something way better for the price. Anyway, I got a great pc pre-built for 1k because of simplicity, it's about the size of a wii, has wifi Bluetooth etc so it only needs 2 wires to work, has 4k output, preloaded with a lite OS with steam built in, an option to boot to Windows 10, and is basically steam as an operating system (not steamOS). It's incredibly simple. All I do I hit the power button, press a button on my switcher remote, to switch the output to my tv, pull out my steam controller and play. Or i go to my desk and boot windows. Once past the initial setup, it can't get easier to use for gaming. (And for non steam games, I set the switcher to TV, and boot to Windows then go back to the steam controller which doubles as a mouse as well to start the game and play) :D

Last edited by CIAwesome526,
Reactions: Tizm

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm built a great pc for someone else for $600 that is way better than the ps4 or xbox one. The one I use is 1000, and is better than a ps4 and Xbox one as well, but it's a pre-built, had I built it myself I couldvery gotten something way better for the price. Anyway, I got a great pc pre-built for 1k because of simplicity, it's about the size of a wii, has wifi Bluetooth etc so it only needs 2 wires to work, has 4k output, preloaded with a lite OS with steam built in, an option to boot to Windows 10, and is basically steam as an operating system (not steamOS). It's incredibly simple. All I do I hit the power button, press a button on my switcher remote, to switch the output to my tv, pull out my steam controller and play. Or a go to may desk and boot windows. Once past the initial setup, it can't get easier to use for gaming. (And for non steam games, I set the switcher to TV, and boot to Windows then go back to the steam controller which akshept as a mouse as well to start the game and play) :D
Prices for pc on the US doesnt work the same here. A powerfull pc could cost 3x to 5x times the price of a ps4, only low and mid range pc are easily accesible here.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are just expensive, i think making one by yourself could cost less, but that's other of my problems, too lazy for that stuff.
You could make a pc the same price as a ps4 and it'd be more powerful. Think for a sec...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol