Nintendo announces yellow Joy-Cons and battery pack

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Jhnsn, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Jhnsn
    OP

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    Nintendo just posted some pictures on Twitter that neon yellow Joy-Cons will be released alongside with ARMS.
    [​IMG]
    I think more colors are going to be released soon. Expect neon green or so!

Also, they annonced that the Joy-Cons will be getting some battery packs that will be powered by AA-batteries. They will be released on 16th June, at least in Japan. The price is 3280 yen - around 30 Euros and Dollars - without taxes (I think?)
    [​IMG]

Sources: 1 2

2. DBlaze

DBlaze I don't know what i'm doing.

Nov 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    That's cool and all but do the joycons really need a battery pack? I thought they had a pretty good duration when charged?

3. Jhnsn
    OP

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    I don't know, I don't have a Switch. But my friend who has one said that the Joy-Cons are pretty good and last long. It would be better if the Switch console itself has gotten a battery pack.

But I think the battery pack should also add a nice grip to the Joy-Cons, and with the battery pack, the Joy-Cons get thicker.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I hope the battery pack also includes an antenna pack.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    joycons last 20 hours each unless for arms since its probably very hd rumble they last less? thats my guess but yeah right now 20 hours batery hardly qualifies as a need to buy a bigger batery lol.