Nintendo announces Splatoon-themed limited edition Switch OLED

Nintendo is no stranger to limited edition variations of their consoles, and now that the Switch OLED has had some time on the market, it seems it's about time for it to get its own limited edition. Revealed today was the Splatoon 3 themed Switch OLED console, which comes with Joy-Cons split into two hues, blue and purple and yellow and green, adorned with artwork across the shells. The dock is also unique, grey, with imagery from the Splatoon series, and a neon-yellow paint splotch, while the Switch OLED tablet has similar designs on the back as well. No price was given, but the Splatoon 3 Switch OLED limited edition will be out on August 26th, while Splatoon 3 itself releases September 9th.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo is no stranger to limited edition variations of their consoles, and now that the Switch OLED has had some time on the market, it seems it's about time for it to get its own limited edition. Revealed today was the Splatoon 3 themed Switch OLED console, which comes with Joy-Cons split into two hues, blue and purple and yellow and green, adorned with artwork across the shells. The dock is also unique, grey, with imagery from the Splatoon series, and a neon-yellow paint splotch, while the Switch OLED tablet has similar designs on the back as well. No price was given, but the Splatoon 3 Switch OLED limited edition will be out on August 26th, while Splatoon 3 itself releases September 9th.

Just another thing for scalpers to thank nintendo for

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love the Joy-Cons, dislike the dock though. Would have loved a black dock with a green and a purple blob on it.
So I either have to get the Joy-Cons separately from eBay (very unlikely) or consider those HWFLY chip stuff. :D
Or, you know, control myself and pass on it completely.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this is how a nintendo product is supposed to look: colorful, fun... For OLED they went with the most boring color ever, that is white.
No idea where that came from. Most Nintendo systems were white/grey.
Some portables has several colours, but most weren't anything too colourful. Also, the OLED version always had a red and blue version, like the original Switch.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I can't believe you got me with that