Nintendo announces new partnership with British Film Institute

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
"Today Nintendo announces a unique cultural partnership and short film-making competition with the BFI (British Film Institute).
Under this exciting new partnership the BFI and Nintendo are launching a short film-making competition using the 3D video recorder built in to the Nintendo 3DS. Entrants are encouraged to use the innovative technology of the Nintendo 3DS to create short films that capture the imagination and showcase the still-evolving art of 3D videography, one of the major innovations to the entertainment industry of the last decade. The winner will have the opportunity to have their work shown to some of the most prominent people in the film industry at the Nintendo Gala screening at the 56 th BFI London Film Festival In Partnership With American Express in October 2012."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/171591/Nintendo_announces_new_partnership_with_BFI.php

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I wouldn't watch anything recorded with the 3DS camera, it is terrible.
quality-wise, yes. but a little bit of adjusting can make the grain look "on purpose" and stylish. and there's always the Black & White or Sepia filters to reduce color grains to just plain grain.

believe me, with enough lighting and a bit of creativity, it could work. as long as they keep it on the small screens, that is. just light it all up to make the grains go away.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quality-wise, yes. but a little bit of adjusting can make the grain look "on purpose" and stylish. and there's always the Black & White or Sepia filters to reduce color grains to just plain grain.

believe me, with enough lighting and a bit of creativity, it could work. as long as they keep it on the small screens, that is. just light it all up to make the grains go away.

It still doesn't fix a bad quality camera from being a bad quality camera. I've worked with my share of crap cameras (not cell phone quality but like cheap $100 flip cams) and the image looks mediocre either way.

Plus you gotta make sure the audio is recorded on a separate system. At this point I'd just use a 3D camera... or not film in 3D at all since the whole thing is rather irrelevant (especially in "indie" or "amateur" films) unless it's complimented by great special effects. Avatar was awesome in 3D because it was a great looking movie, but do you really want to see like... I dunno, Juno in 3D? Not really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs