Nintendo announces limited edition Mario Red & Blue Switch

0BD99773-75C9-455C-A10A-AF3CD064116B.jpeg

It’s almost time for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury to release, and to mark the approaching release date, Nintendo revealed a handful of new information and goodies. First off, a limited color variant of the Nintendo Switch console will be releasing. It’s themed after Mario, aptly named the Mario Red & Blue Edition, honoring his iconic outfit. It features a bright red set of Joy-Cons, a red dock, and even a red Switch tablet, with blue accents on the Joy-Con grips and attachments.

A Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will also be available, offering special bonuses if you scan them in Bowser’s Fury. Each of these, including the game itself, will launch on February 12th. Lastly, a special event is scheduled for Super Mario Bros. 35, where players will have to reach milestones, including defeating Bowser 3.5 million times worldwide.

D

Deleted User

And? Even if people are like that how does it affect your life in anyway whatsoever. Let people spend their money on what they want too.
Spend money on what doesn't exist? Pro isn't a thing, but New is.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong if Nintendo releases a "New Nintendo Switch"

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the only thing I care about with these special editions is the Joy-Cons. Seeing as how I already have a Switch (Smash edition), and the Joy-Cons on this edition are just the regular red ones...

Sundree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never felt like the colors red and blue meshed really well, I mean; they could've thrown some yellow in there to make it more aesthetically pleasing, idk.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo have gotten way too lazy with limited edition consoles. They think they can just mix and match the colors and people will buy it. There hasn't been a single interesting limited edition Switch (not Lite) so far. I just want something as cool as the X/Y 3DS XL I own.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo have gotten way too lazy with limited edition consoles. They think they can just mix and match the colors and people will buy it. There hasn't been a single interesting limited edition Switch (not Lite) so far. I just want something as cool as the X/Y 3DS XL I own.

Imo the joycon color scheme, dock, and etching on the back of the AC Switch are fantastic.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Crazynoob458 this is your calling
fndhsgvsvdbhdvdvdhddhxgvevvdvdrg NINTENDO STOP BEING LAZY if a zelda or pokemon themed switch (not that switch lite) i would have exptect a theme even samsung made a very low quality batman theme for the s7 batman limited edition as long as i have a theme of some sort (that includes a a really bad overstreched wallpaper) im happy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also nintendo make a better boot screen for your console the ps5 and the series s and x have a good strartup and not a fade in/out animation

mmmmmmmmmmmBWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFPP

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
fndhsgvsvdbhdvdvdhddhxgvevvdvdrg NINTENDO STOP BEING LAZY if a zelda or pokemon themed switch (not that switch lite) i would have exptect a theme even samsung made a very low quality batman theme for the s7 batman limited edition as long as i have a theme of some sort (that includes a a really bad overstreched wallpaper) im happy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also nintendo make a better boot screen for your console the ps5 and the series s and x have a good strartup and not a fade in/out animation

mmmmmmmmmmmBWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFPP
If I didn’t play games online, I would have hacked my switch by now

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same red colour as the odyssey joycons? The base is a nice red, but red/blue isn't my kind of colour scheme. I'll save for the eventual zelda 2 themed console.

yaykittykitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I hate about Nintendo is their taste in colours really suck. The joy con colours are lame, the console colours are lame, that’s why people get third party shells and parts to replace them since the colours are better, the only decent colours Nintendo made was animal crossing switch joycons

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this comes out on the 12th? does anyone know if there's early preorders? I really don't want to buy for a scalping price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs