Nintendo announces limited edition Mario Red & Blue Switch

0BD99773-75C9-455C-A10A-AF3CD064116B.jpeg

It’s almost time for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury to release, and to mark the approaching release date, Nintendo revealed a handful of new information and goodies. First off, a limited color variant of the Nintendo Switch console will be releasing. It’s themed after Mario, aptly named the Mario Red & Blue Edition, honoring his iconic outfit. It features a bright red set of Joy-Cons, a red dock, and even a red Switch tablet, with blue accents on the Joy-Con grips and attachments.

A Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will also be available, offering special bonuses if you scan them in Bowser’s Fury. Each of these, including the game itself, will launch on February 12th. Lastly, a special event is scheduled for Super Mario Bros. 35, where players will have to reach milestones, including defeating Bowser 3.5 million times worldwide.

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait for Mario 35... Looks really good. I think different color switch is cool. It's a good way for them to get more money I guess. But yeah, if someone wants a done instead of a black one then that's good. Maybe they can even make a LGBTQ model with all the colors... I mean why not right? I personally would like a Gold switch. Lol

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice I suppose, but it would be nice if they would do more. Put some Mario characters on the dock, and on the switch. Do more than just recolor it. I feel all these limited edition switch's I could do my self by ordering shells online and swapping out.

I wonder if they will do one for the Breath of the Wild 2....

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It’s almost time for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury to release, and to mark the approaching release date, Nintendo revealed a handful of new information and goodies. First off, a limited color variant of the Nintendo Switch console will be releasing. It’s themed after Mario, aptly named the Mario Red & Blue Edition, honoring his iconic outfit. It features a bright red set of Joy-Cons, a red dock, and even a red Switch tablet, with blue accents on the Joy-Con grips and attachments.

A Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will also be available, offering special bonuses if you scan them in Bowser’s Fury. Each of these, including the game itself, will launch on February 12th. Lastly, a special event is scheduled for Super Mario Bros. 35, where players will have to reach milestones, including defeating Bowser 3.5 million times worldwide.

I honestly do not see this being new at all...we already got red joycons before, and blue ones have been done before plus the case as well lmao. the only thing that is new to me is the switch itself being a different color like the shell..but again people can just color it their self or order them online, so nothing crazy new, yet i suppose it is for those who either a) never thought about recoloring the plate for their switch or never bothered to check up for people selling them.

Anyway i do like the design pattern it has, its cute.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh my God! A color scheme!? Mom! Give me your credit card!!

No, but really... This is stupid... The 3DS had some amazing limited edition systems. Zelda, Monster Hunter, Metroid, etc. These are just... Colors... Maybe some small decal.

Exactly

Reactions: Doran754

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Can't wait for Mario 35... Looks really good. I think different color switch is cool. It's a good way for them to get more money I guess. But yeah, if someone wants a done instead of a black one then that's good. Maybe they can even make a LGBTQ model with all the colors... I mean why not right? I personally would like a Gold switch. Lol

Saddly, I dont believe they will touch the LGBTQ theme anytime soon. Global companies usually fear negative impacts on very conservative countries. I remember some years ago that FIFA released a pride day themed uniform in game, and it received backlash on Russia (I believe it was even banned).

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Why would anyone buy that just before a Switch Pro will likely be announced in the end?
2. Why always just f*cking Mario? Where is Luigi ma boy?

D

Deleted User

Let's change the packaging of the remaining stock before we sell the enhanced verison.

This is a nice edition, I think they're releasing it now to milk the original before a "pro" version is announced in a month or so.

PS4 Pro came out three years after the launch one did, and it's been four years since the Switch has been out. Why on earth would Nintendo bother making a "Pro" version when they can just wait two more years and release its successor?

Nintendo could sell absolute shit and people would still buy it because it's Nintendo. The Game & Watch handheld is overpriced, but no one minds it due to being a Nintendo product and it's available until March 2021 so you see.

Sometimes Nintendo fans really are like this:

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
PS4 Pro came out three years after the launch one did, and it's been four years since the Switch has been out. Why on earth would Nintendo bother making a "Pro" version when they can just wait two more years and release its successor?

Nintendo could sell absolute shit and people would still buy it because it's Nintendo. The Game & Watch handheld is overpriced, but no one minds it due to being a Nintendo product and it's available until March 2021 so you see.

Ayyyy mega64

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And? Even if people are like that how does it affect your life in anyway whatsoever. Let people spend their money on what they want too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi