Nintendo announces limited edition Mario Red & Blue Switch

0BD99773-75C9-455C-A10A-AF3CD064116B.jpeg

It’s almost time for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury to release, and to mark the approaching release date, Nintendo revealed a handful of new information and goodies. First off, a limited color variant of the Nintendo Switch console will be releasing. It’s themed after Mario, aptly named the Mario Red & Blue Edition, honoring his iconic outfit. It features a bright red set of Joy-Cons, a red dock, and even a red Switch tablet, with blue accents on the Joy-Con grips and attachments.

A Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will also be available, offering special bonuses if you scan them in Bowser’s Fury. Each of these, including the game itself, will launch on February 12th. Lastly, a special event is scheduled for Super Mario Bros. 35, where players will have to reach milestones, including defeating Bowser 3.5 million times worldwide.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this is when Mario starts getting weird like the sonic games

How long until we get an edgy wario with a gun

sega's got that idea all ready.

i would rather have wario be like this guy.

jOPxrva.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bet this is going be the same price has the AC bundle that came out a year ago.

scalping probably, but the ac system itself was the price of a normal switch iirc. I got one, but only thanks to a friend on temp who gave me a heads up. I had to buy the system and pouch from different places though. I think I got the system from gamestop and the pouch from target. anyway, I don't want to miss out, but unless I get a heads up again, I probably will and will have to pay scalping prices or wait. the ac system has come down considerably just like most scalped, Nintendo products, so it will probably come down a lot within six months or so.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. Red & Blue is an ugly color scheme.
but where is the blue?
it just looks like an all red switch to me and an all red dock
is the back blue? otherwise it is just an all red switch with a couple of blue colored accessories
the accessories that nobody ever really uses
i for one have never used my grip or the joycon strap attachment things
but i have a pro controller
but point it that 99% of the time this thing is just a red switch

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

This Mario Red & Blue Edition colourway is what I feel should've been the original Switch from the start, so I'm definitely a fan.

On a day-to-day basis, this dock will fare better than my current favourite, the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Edition; I'll take this if I can get it later.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys really hate red and blue the hell is wrong with you. Is get it if I didn't have a switch

TBH, same, I'd love to get this particular system, but I already have a Switch and it's the pre-2018 version that can be modded. XP If I could get this one, though, I'd totally retire the pre-2018 one for purely homebrew (and other things...) stuff so I can enjoy the better battery life of a Mariko chip Switch.

Reactions: TheZander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.