Nintendo announces Game Builder Garage, where you can make your own games

"Anyone can be a game programmer", is the tagline to Nintendo's latest first-party title. The newly-revealed Game Builder Garage goes beyond the idea of a Mario Maker, letting you build anything that you can think of. Opening the floor to anyone that's willing, Game Builder Garage, is, as the name implies, a game making game that simplifies the process greatly. You'll be able to go through step-by-step lessons that show you how to make a game, where you'll be able to swipe through concepts and apply them to your game. A teaser trailer shows tons of possibilities, from simple undefined platformers, to fully-realized games from varying genres. Games can be shared with others, and friends can play finished projects, or help further build upon them. Game Builder Garage is due out on the Nintendo Switch on June 11th of this year.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.I.P. MarioMaker!

It's actually about time they released something like this!
I've had a blast with "WarioWare DIY" and "PetitComputer" in the past but this really blows me away! Wish there was a "classic" mode too tho so we can make 2d pixel games!
you can, you can make your own characters and position the camera in a way that prevents the 3d aspects from being seen

Reactions: KimKong
D

Deleted User

And if you make a successful game Nintendo owns the rights to it and gets 110% of the profits (you owe them 10% for using their platform + all the profits)

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Screenshot_20210506-143355.png

youtube copyright moment

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I thought of that as well, especially the stickman drawing part. If Nintendo made it an option to make microgames and have WarioWare style stuff, that'd be pretty amazing.

I would buy this if it had a limited microgame mode where you could create and share bundles! Like the super world things in Mario Maker on the Switch.

Reactions: Jacklack3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night