Nintendo announce new Nintendo Mobile Direct focusing on 'Dragalia Lost', airs tomorrow.

DlvLhuoW4AA9n7F.jpg

Hot off the heels of their Nindie showcase, Nintendo have announced a new Nintendo Direct, focusing on the new mobile role-playing game 'Dragalia Lost'. The direct will air on the 29th, at 8:30pm PT. They have also revealed that the game will release on the 27th of September, about a month after the stream. The game was first announced back in April, and will be launching on iOS and Android devices. It is being developed by CyGames.

Here's the reveal trailer, just in case you don't remember:

:arrow:Source
:arrow:Nintendo Direct page

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As if Nintendo couldn't disappoint viewers waiting for a direct further...

Really though Cygames is reputable. It'll probably be decent. But still.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably never have any real interest in mobile games even when Nintendo are developing the game in question. All the same, I do like that they have started to create experiences specifically for mobile, and its nice to see them doing something a little different with the platform as well. I wish this game luck even though I know I'll never personally play it.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was interested when they showed the art but when I saw the gameplay...yeahhhhhh
Not really that interesting from the trailer.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Too cute... I'll stick to classic Phantasy Star, Sword of Vermilion, etc. from back when art didn't go down the tubes.
Yeah, I don't mind some cuteness, but this is way too much, it give a very weird feeling to have kawaii / chibi design with normal voices :rofl:

It's a bit sad that a lot of J-RPG go down that path, I know it sells a lot, but there was a time when we had a little bit more choices, and everybody could find something according his tastes...

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
E3 Direct, Smash Bros Direct, Nindie Direct 1, Nindie Direct 2, Mobile Direct. I don't all these new indies (as long as they're good), but if their next one isn't a full 30 minute Switch-centric new AAA Direct I'm done

Last edited by Jackson Ferrell,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't mind some cuteness, but this is way too much, it give a very weird feeling to have kawaii / chibi design with normal voices :rofl:

It's a bit sad that a lot of J-RPG go down that path, I know it sells a lot, but there was a time when we had a little bit more choices, and everybody could find something according his tastes...

That's the thing, is that things like this sell, and a lot at that. Which is what upsets me about the fans because what they fail to realize is just how you can have too much darkness in your life, you can also have too much light. And that's the thing, these companies don't seem very hard pressed to make much that is dark anymore, at least from what I see. And if it is darker, it always comes across as semi if not full on homo-erotic, and the sex of the males is always ambiguous. Which again makes me just go back and enjoy the classic Anime films, and the old games time and time again, as no one seems to be eager to produce the next Akira or Vampire Hunter D, unless it's some OVA garbage. And as for games, well I'm talking in circles now...

Anyhow, this trend sucks and bores the life out of me.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never heard of cy games before, any credentials showing if their games are any good? :blink:

They've done Granblue Fantasy, which is actually a very good mobile game (with a ps4 game in the work by Platinum Game).
They've also made Shadowverse but I didn't really played it, so can't say how it is

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm interested in anything by CyGames. Gameplay looks really interesting. Art style is a little more generic but meh. Hopefully they do lots of cross-overs and get my Granblue waifus in the game. It's interesting Nintendo is helping them with this project.

Never heard of cy games before, any credentials showing if their games are any good? :blink:

Granblue Fantasy is one of the top gacha games out there. It was actually so successful that they keep it fully translated and localized in English. They don't have an official English version cuz they do a lot of cross-overs, and licensing for that is a pain.
But yeah Granblue is one of the more unique and interesting gachas, and most players feel it's very generous and fair. Granblue also has a lot of player interaction with a co-op mode you can play with friends, or raids you do with other people.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame on Nintendo for joining in on the exploitation of people's psychological weaknesses.

Shame shame shame shame shame.

;(

(Yes I know this isn't their first freemium game.)

Last edited by julianuf,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1st we get a shithouse nindies direct and now an even worse mobile direct!

where's the real games nintendo...where are they?? what happened you used to be cool...

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."