Nintendo announce new Nintendo Mobile Direct focusing on 'Dragalia Lost', airs tomorrow.

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Aug 29, 2018.

Front-page
    DlvLhuoW4AA9n7F.
    Hot off the heels of their Nindie showcase, Nintendo have announced a new Nintendo Direct, focusing on the new mobile role-playing game 'Dragalia Lost'. The direct will air on the 29th, at 8:30pm PT. They have also revealed that the game will release on the 27th of September, about a month after the stream. The game was first announced back in April, and will be launching on iOS and Android devices. It is being developed by CyGames.

Here's the reveal trailer, just in case you don't remember:

:arrow:Source
    :arrow:Nintendo Direct page

DarthDub, damiano2712 and T-hug like this.
    Discussion (32 replies)
  1. CeeDee

CeeDee Doing The Best I Can

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Looks like generic anime tripe. No thanks...

x65943 likes this.
  2. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Not sure if I forgot or simply didn't know about this game. Well, I'll try to watch it tomorrow.

3. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    As if Nintendo couldn't disappoint viewers waiting for a direct further...

Really though Cygames is reputable. It'll probably be decent. But still.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Never heard of cy games before, any credentials showing if their games are any good? :blink:

5. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    I'll probably never have any real interest in mobile games even when Nintendo are developing the game in question. All the same, I do like that they have started to create experiences specifically for mobile, and its nice to see them doing something a little different with the platform as well. I wish this game luck even though I know I'll never personally play it.

6. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    Too cute... I'll stick to classic Phantasy Star, Sword of Vermilion, etc. from back when art didn't go down the tubes.

Ritsuki likes this.
  7. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    I was interested when they showed the art but when I saw the gameplay...yeahhhhhh
    Not really that interesting from the trailer.

8. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Yeah, I don't mind some cuteness, but this is way too much, it give a very weird feeling to have kawaii / chibi design with normal voices :rofl:

It's a bit sad that a lot of J-RPG go down that path, I know it sells a lot, but there was a time when we had a little bit more choices, and everybody could find something according his tastes...

9. Jackson Ferrell

Jackson Ferrell Naked Banana

GBAtemp Patron
    Jackson Ferrell is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    E3 Direct, Smash Bros Direct, Nindie Direct 1, Nindie Direct 2, Mobile Direct. I don't all these new indies (as long as they're good), but if their next one isn't a full 30 minute Switch-centric new AAA Direct I'm done

Last edited by Jackson Ferrell, Aug 29, 2018
  10. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    That's the thing, is that things like this sell, and a lot at that. Which is what upsets me about the fans because what they fail to realize is just how you can have too much darkness in your life, you can also have too much light. And that's the thing, these companies don't seem very hard pressed to make much that is dark anymore, at least from what I see. And if it is darker, it always comes across as semi if not full on homo-erotic, and the sex of the males is always ambiguous. Which again makes me just go back and enjoy the classic Anime films, and the old games time and time again, as no one seems to be eager to produce the next Akira or Vampire Hunter D, unless it's some OVA garbage. And as for games, well I'm talking in circles now...

Anyhow, this trend sucks and bores the life out of me.

11. lytro

lytro GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Japan
    Smartphones were a mistake.

12. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    They've done Granblue Fantasy, which is actually a very good mobile game (with a ps4 game in the work by Platinum Game).
    They've also made Shadowverse but I didn't really played it, so can't say how it is

13. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I'm interested in anything by CyGames. Gameplay looks really interesting. Art style is a little more generic but meh. Hopefully they do lots of cross-overs and get my Granblue waifus in the game. It's interesting Nintendo is helping them with this project.

Granblue Fantasy is one of the top gacha games out there. It was actually so successful that they keep it fully translated and localized in English. They don't have an official English version cuz they do a lot of cross-overs, and licensing for that is a pain.
    But yeah Granblue is one of the more unique and interesting gachas, and most players feel it's very generous and fair. Granblue also has a lot of player interaction with a co-op mode you can play with friends, or raids you do with other people.

14. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    So this is basically a rip off from shining resonance ? Seeing people turning in 2 dragons. They just plain out stole it

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 29, 2018
  15. julianuf

julianuf Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Shame on Nintendo for joining in on the exploitation of people's psychological weaknesses.

Shame shame shame shame shame.

;(

(Yes I know this isn't their first freemium game.)

Last edited by julianuf, Aug 29, 2018
  16. turbotronic

turbotronic GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    yes, because that's the first and only jrpg were you could transform into a dragon! thieves!

lol.

DarthDub likes this.
  17. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    It's not only about that. The resemblance is a bit more then just that. Even the transformation is almost exactly the same

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 29, 2018
  18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    1st we get a shithouse nindies direct and now an even worse mobile direct!

where's the real games nintendo...where are they?? what happened you used to be cool...

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Aug 29, 2018
  19. Lazyt

Lazyt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    Wow thats the fourth direct this month