Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
Rydian said:
It can't even play a normal video file, it needs specially-encoded stuff that looks like ass.
I see some people are a little picky.
closedeyes.gif

Also, it's called an iPlayer.
yaynds.gif
Considering the advent of blu-ray and HD stuff everywhere this goes for most of the world.

Also, the iPlayer comment was just plain stupid. That's not the DS.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Warrior522 said:
Rydian said:
It can't even play a normal video file, it needs specially-encoded stuff that looks like ass.
I see some people are a little picky.
closedeyes.gif

Also, it's called an iPlayer.
yaynds.gif
Considering the advent of blu-ray and HD stuff everywhere this goes for most of the world.

Also, the iPlayer comment was just plain stupid. That's not the DS.

Yes, but it gives the DS the ability to run other videos. The DS couldn't run homebrew without a flashcart, now could it?

I do concede the point that the conversion nonsense is infuriating, but at least it's possible. You want portable video in good quailty? Buy a freakin' iPod Touch or PSP.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
PSP and iPod Touch conversion is painful too. It takes ages and the PSP ones never work right for me. Unless you actually buy the movies.

And about the iPlayer comment. That's freakin stupid. The iPlayer is playing the movies. Plain and simple. it's using the DS' display. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the DS.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
Yes, but it gives the DS the ability to run other videos.
No, the iPlayer itself is what plays the videos using it's onboard CPU/RAM, and then just streams it to the DS's display.

The DS isn't playing the video because it's too weak to, so the iPlayer plays it instead.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Warrior522 said:
No, the iPlayer itself is what plays the videos using it's onboard CPU/RAM, and then just streams it to the DS's display.

The DS isn't playing the video because it's too weak to, so the iPlayer plays it instead.

...WAIT.

You're saying that that tiny little card is more powerful than the ENTIRE DS' CPU/RAM?!?

...FAIL, Nintendo.

I concede.

D

Deleted User

Well, give it one month and regular GAME stores will be offering more high-powered batteries like on the Dsi, Lite, etc.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jet™ said:
Well, give it one month and regular GAME stores will be offering more high-powered batteries like on the Dsi, Lite, etc.

Are those 3rd party batteries actually better, though? Based on the reviews I've read for many of them, despite the higher rating, you really don't get an improvement in performance compared to the official battery.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Warrior522 said:
Rydian said:
Warrior522 said:

...WAIT.

You're saying that that tiny little card is more powerful than the ENTIRE DS' CPU/RAM?!?

...FAIL, Nintendo.

I concede.
Yup, that's what I'm saying. The DS really is a pathetic little machine. Not to say it didn't have a whole bunch of great games, but hardware wise, it was really wimpy, even when it came out.

Thank God this is changing with the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

TM2-Megatron said:
jet™ said:

Are those 3rd party batteries actually better, though? Based on the reviews I've read for many of them, despite the higher rating, you really don't get an improvement in performance compared to the official battery.
They are. I've got one that extended my DS lite to 8 hours on full-power backlight.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jet™ said:
TM2-Megatron said:
jet™ said:

They are. I've got one that extended my DS lite to 8 hours on full-power backlight.

What one is that? My Lite's battery is long since passed its optimum period and I'm looking for a new one.

D

Deleted User

TM2-Megatron said:
jet™ said:
TM2-Megatron said:
jet™ said:

What one is that? My Lite's battery is long since passed its optimum period and I'm looking for a new one.
Well, just type in nintendo ds lite battery ????mah into google.

Check this. 2000mAh DS Lite Battery

http://www.meritline.com/nintendo-lite-bat...x?source=fghdac

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jet™ said:

2/3 of the reviews on that one are quite poor, though. I was hoping for the specific type you say significantly increased your battery life, since I have read that many of hte 3rd party batteries are terrible. It's different if there's a specific type someone knows from experience to be really good, though.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, probably won't bother me much since most of the time that I spend with my DS is when it's plugged in. I'm usually too busy or caught up with something whenever I go out so there's never really any room for portable gaming
tongue.gif
. The only exception would be when I have doctor appointments, but I hardly had any these past few years.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Yup, that's what I'm saying. The DS really is a pathetic little machine. Not to say it didn't have a whole bunch of great games, but hardware wise, it was really wimpy, even when it came out.

Thank God this is changing with the 3DS.

While I agree that the DS wasn't a "graphical beast," people like you hold no understanding of Nintendo's intentions when designing hardware.

(This is why Nintendo never listens to people who post on message boards. Fuck, they even closed their official message board. My idea actuallly, lol.)

And things haven't changed much with the 3DS. There are already portable systems on the market (and coming to market) with more power than the 3DS.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
TM2-Megatron said:
jet™ said:
TM2-Megatron said:
jet™ said:

I'd go and buy that immediately.......except that I have the original DSphat. The batteries for the two (DSphat vs DSlite) are different.
frown.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I understand full well what Nintendo's intentions are when designing hardware. No need to be like that. Nintendo's model always has them going for budget hardware at a good price. I don't want Nintendo going for the latest tech. That's Sony's game.

I'm no graphics whore, I'm a retro gamer. The DS was a killer at 2D. But when it got into 3D, it looked pretty bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end