Nintendo account on hacked switch transfer to a brand new console

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by feb17, Jul 18, 2018.

1. feb17
    OP

feb17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    will the new one have any ban risk?

2. feb17
    OP

feb17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    as I know, Nintendo has there ban forms: ban game, ban account and ban console.
    if I get the account banned, theoretically I just change another account?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Once the account or console is banned, you cannot unlink them without contacting Nintendo. However, if only your console is banned, you can make a case to Nintendo that you will go clean with the new Switch you will buy to link with the account. They will always know that account was associated with a banned console so they might be extra suspicious of any modifications they catch you making to it and ban both.

4. feb17
    OP

feb17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    my account and console hasn't banned yet. it still has the risk ban both console right?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It depends. If you hacked your console already and went online with it at any point, then that means Nintendo already has data pertaining to both your account and your console. If you were to unlink it now and link the account to a new console, Nintendo MAY have reason to suspect you would do the same to the new console but only if you perform hacks on that one.

If you haven't performed any hacks on your console, unlink the account ASAP if it has any purchases you want to keep. Utilize a dupe account if necessary.

6. feb17
    OP

feb17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    dupe account ? what's that?

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Basically a separate account that is not tied to any of your real purchases. Acceptable synonyms include fake, alternate, pseudo, etc.

8. feb17
    OP

feb17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    I got, anyway the safest way is new account link the new console

9. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    I did this too! I bought a New console and move all my games and saves to it! If I gonna get banned on my brand new, who knows! But is better to have a hacked switch and a non hacked!

10. feb17
    OP

feb17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2018
    United States
    dude, if you get banned on your new console, message me.. BTW, your old console has been banned or not?

11. jajamundo

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    No, neither of my console has been banned! I just got my hacked switch for one week before bought the New one! So don't know if I gonna get banned sometimes or not! But is always the best option to hace two switches

12. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    You shouldn't be banned so long as the account isn't seen doing any more 'bad stuff' but the account is permanently associated with a hacked console and a ban, so the next time they may ban the account itself.

Its a leniency that encourages you to buy a new Switch and play it clean.

13. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    im buying a seperate switch so i can have online access and i and concerned. I dont really carea bout my account because i didnt have anything on it, but, i am concerned they may see the cert of a legit game that i own, that was used legitly on a banned console, and ban me regardless.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

is there any actual proof of this? i remember some hacker imported his profile and got banned right away.

14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    prepare to be banned again :creep:

15. Awstoned

Awstoned Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    United States
    PSA 4 ANYONE LURKING

I contacted Nintendo and went in there wanting my switch unlinked apparently they had to research there own policy on wether they can unlink my switch because I was banned a week later I called back and they said that as long as it’s not an account ban they have to comply with delinking the console.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

16. tretor

tretor Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    I plan to do the same, transfer the user/saves from my hacked console to a new unhacked switch. My hacked console is probably not banned yet because I didn't went online since I hacked it. So I want to boot the hacked console to ofw, connect it online and transfer the user and saves to new (unhacked) console official way, via system menu.
    Is your unhacked console still working fine or did you receive ban for it?
    I want to use the new console for online play for my legit, purchased games.

Last edited by tretor, Nov 18, 2018
  17. jajamundo

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Both of my consoles are still working just fine. None of them are banned. Just make sure dont transfer the saves from your hacked games. You can backup them, then erase them. Transfer all your legit games, then install everything back or just make a Nand backup, then erase the hacked games, transfer and restore the Nand again

tretor likes this.
  18. KnifeCat

KnifeCat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Canada
    and waste $450.

19. ChaosEnergy

ChaosEnergy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    if a 2nd switch is a hacked one...can i use it to play local together, so my first one buys a game, and the 2nd can use my game...

its so stupid that they have "game sharing" but not same time, instead of making it family account feature, any bought game can be used on any family group switch, that way they make people to look for illegal ways

20. CaptainQuirky

CaptainQuirky Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    So you successfully hacked the first one and then did a system transfer?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted