Gaming Nintendo account hacked, hacker used stolen credit card; how screwed am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I posted a little bit ago that I LIED and told Nintendo that I let a friend buy something on the eshop for me, and they made a chargeback. I think it was a hacker, which I heard that Nintendo doesn't help with. There were no 'suspicious' logins, so I never got a notification, and I think the hacker used my account to 'gift' his/herself a game (I now know that this is not possible). Due to this, I never received an email receipt, so I had no idea the purchase happened. I saw about a month prior to my account being suspended that there have been a ton of Switch acounts being hacked, but I also heard that in those cases, there was nothing Nintendo could do. How screwed am I? Has anyone here had unauthorized purchases with a stolen credit card, and gotten their account back?

Edit: read the rest of the thread. A lot has changed.

Last edited by Maq47,

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a strange story. Your CC always give you a heads up when you buy something. And in the event of misabuse you can get your money back.
Your Nintendo ID just needs a 2FA with it and a new password. Then you are good to go.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
This is a strange story. Your CC always give you a heads up when you buy something. And in the event of misabuse you can get your money back.
Your Nintendo ID just needs a 2FA with it and a new password. Then you are good to go.
The hacker used a stolen credit card, not me. The owner of the credit card did a chargeback when they found out their card was stolen.

Edit: It isn't my credit card. I don't even know the person who it belongs to, let alone the hacker.

Last edited by Maq47,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hacked! Sorry misread that:

contact nintendo and recover your account?
I did contact them already, but they said that without the person who did the chargeback saying it was a mistake, they couldn't do anything. This was after I told them that a friend made the purchase, and did the chargeback, which was not the case.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted a little bit ago that I let a friend buy something on the eshop for me, and they made a chargeback. It turns out that the friend did NOT do a chargeback, which indicates that it was a hacker. There were no 'suspicious' logins, so I never got a notification, and I think the hacker used my account to 'gift' his/herself a game. Due to this, I never received an email receipt, so I had no idea the purchase happened. I saw about a month prior to my account being suspended that there have been a ton of Switch acounts being hacked, but I also heard that in those cases, there was nothing Nintendo could do. How screwed am I? Has anyone here had unauthorized purchases with a stolen credit card, and gotten their account back?

You can't gift someone else a game with your Nintendo ID, as for chargeback goes if there was one, your account would get banned typically for chargeback stuffs.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds pretty fake to me. Your story does NOT add up, not in the least. How did someone have access to your account to use a stolen credit card. How did someone buy a game on your account and then gift it to themselves on another account. Why would anyone bother committing credit card fraud for a shit Switch game that they could easily download for free.

Reactions: BvanBart

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This story makes no sense and if it were true then telling Nintendo the first story then switching to the other would further them assuming you are lying about what happened.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds pretty fake to me. Your story does NOT add up, not in the least. How did someone have access to your account to use a stolen credit card. How did someone buy a game on your account and then gift it to themselves on another account. Why would anyone bother committing credit card fraud for a shit Switch game that they could easily download for free.

Is this a way to get posts? Strange people these days... I was thinking the same but tried to help... but your explanation makes sense :-P

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
wait .... someone hacked your account not to use your money he uses someone else card to buy things !!! as a gift for his real account.

so that he blames you as the thief right?

can you even buy for friends on nintendo systems?

maybe you have two personalities hehe

Last edited by MohammedQ8,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water