Kevin29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

My analog stick of mine controller is not working fine anymore. I found replacements on the internet. I found 2 different version.

type 1:
N64pt02b.jpg

type 2:
2pcs-Replacement-Repair-Parts-3D-Analog-font-b-Joystick-b-font-Rocker-Thumbstick-Module-For-font.jpg

Type 1 is the one I got in my controller. The second one is a analog with 4 wires that need to be soldered. Can I use type 2 with my controller through soldering the wires to the existing plug?

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, that plug needs to be there. Replacements with pre-soldered plugs are readily available.

That said, I find these aftermarket replacements to always be inaccurate, too sensitive or just cheap-feeling.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, if you detach the plug from the one you already have and solder onto that, yeah, I imagine it'd work.

I would not recommend soldering it directly into the controller though, if that's what you meant.

Kevin29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, if you detach the plug from the one you already have and solder onto that, yeah, I imagine it'd work.

I would not recommend soldering it directly into the controller though, if that's what you meant.

The only problem, I think, is that the version with the plug has 5 connections. The one without a connector, had 4 cables...

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I see.
The original actually has six, so I imagine the Power and Ground are missing. I'm not sure how they expect it to actually function, unless they want you to solder those wires onto its' PCB yourself, or it's not supposed to be compatible.

Maybe you could swap the entire PCB off your old one to the replacement, but I honestly wouldn't bank on it.

Last edited by skawo,

Kevin29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here are the 6 pins in my controller. I found the power and ground pins for the analog stick. So I can assume that the other 4 are for the directions (left, up, right, down?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 335

Pienkaito

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Have you considered getting an analog stick that resembles the Gamecube?
I have that one and it works well after using it many times. The only problem that people reported about it, is that you may have difficulties playing GoldenEye with it.

Kevin29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay thanks I'll check it. But, how can I connect the power and the ground to the analog stick with 4 connectors?

Kevin29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you. But I want to try the other analog stick. I want to challenge myself. Not only plug and play if you can understand me.

Reactions: Jayro

madbullman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What is the problem of your analog? Does it work but feels loose? You can fix that easily with some vinyl tape. I did this some time ago and it did wonders. Just google there are tons of tutorials how to fix this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse